• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's your screen name from?

What does your EN World screen name come from?

blargney the second said:
What does your screen name come from?

Lothar of the Hill People

MiMy-Lothar.jpg
"Are you familiar with Twiggly, the gnome who guards the entrance to the Cave of Knowledge?"

Turjan

Explorer
Well, that's Turjan of Miir, from the first fantasy collection I ever read (The Dying Earth, 1950). He uses swords and magic and breeds creatures in vats. What's not to love ;).

I've been using that handle for ages. Admittedly, it's not original, but I'll keep it anyway.

Wik

First Post
I use Wik everywhere. I've been doing it so long, I forget where it really originated from, but I dimly recall having the name assigned to me by a friend years and years ago, when we were pre-teens chatting on AOL when "the internet" was brand spankin' new.

On a whim, it was "wik666", which I've always regretted afterwards - especially on my livejournal, where the "666" addition doesn't always help things out.

Kurashu

First Post
Kurashu is the shortened form of KurashuOtoko.EXE (Yes, I named myself after a fictional boss from a Megaman game). Since then, I've gone primarily by Krash/Crash and Kurashu. A select few are allowed to call me Crashu (mainly an admin of another board and an emo kid there). I occasionaly change my name there (simply because I can at will). Currently I'm Toki Wartooth (with my title as Not A Bumble Bee); I've also gone by Josh Scogin (with, ironically, an O'God The Aftermath avatar) and The Big C (with either a little banner than said CRASH or some freakish picture of Crashman from the Megaman cartoon from the 80's).

Good times. Good times.

JollieRoger

First Post
Name of the flag on top of a pirate ship.

Actually, I like play on words. I am a happy go lucky person (jolly) and my 1st name is Roger. I am the furthest thing from a pirate.
For those who know me they say this suits me very well.

I use the "ie" instead of "y" to be different.

Chimera

First Post
MatthewJHanson said:
It's the same name I use in real life.

Perhaps I lack creativity.

Yeah well, your character in my campaign is named "Lawrence". So there may be some truth there. :D

Just stick to playwriting, No Creativity Boy. :lol:

Chimera

First Post
Something like 20+ years ago, I joined a PBM game where I played a member of a Lizard race. Needed something vaguely dragon-ish and really liked 'Chimera'. Hence, it became my ship name, then my standard BBS handle, and ultimately an identifier that I use in quite a few places.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads