• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's your screen name from?

What does your EN World screen name come from?

Vague Jayhawk

First Post
The spellcheckers on word processors all try to correct my name to Vague. I thought that was funny because it was somehow oddly appropriate.

I adopted Jayhawk only this past year or two. It is where I go to school now.

megamania is the name I gave a comicbook character I created in the mid-eighties.

mega= x1000s

mania= often sudden and explosive outbursts of physical and emotional energy.

....and yes. I do relate to the character a great deal....

The Human Target

Adventurer
Its the name of a comicbook.

A good one.

About a master of disguise who takes the place of people in danger.

For a fee.

Read it.

I use it for all my online handles.

Xyanthon

First Post
Mine is from a character that I played back in the mid 1980's in 1e AD&D. He was a drow fighter/M-U. I played him as a very militant and regimented sadist type of character and he eventually morphed into a sort of master of intrigue/shady political liason/assasin type character over the years. He had a last name of Singultus which I took for the latin meaning "death rattle" but much to my chagrin found out that it is also the latin medical term for hiccup, heh.

Jedi_Solo

First Post
Being a Star Wars Geek it's a shorthand version of a variation of a Star Wars character.

Jedi Master Han Solo

But that is an awful lot of letters (this, coming from a computer programmer) and using Master just seems egotistical.

Zander

Explorer
From my nickname real life which I have had since childhood. It long predates the Xander character in Buffy.

My surname is Simkin which is also a character from the Darksword novels and RPG by Hickman and Weis. It is sometimes used by others on messageboards but not by me. I do quote H & W in my sig though. :)

Jolly Giant

First Post
I almost went for the nickname option, but then I saw the shiny button. Ooooo.... :p

I have this friend from Scotland who's about 5'2". Myself, I'm from Norway and I'm 6'8". I once made a teasing remark about how short he is, and his immediate, pretending-to-be offended reply was "...said the jolly, green giant!"

It seemed hilarious at the time... (Mind you, it was late, and we'd been drinking all night. :p ) Ever since then my SN has been Jolly Giant.

Presto2112

Explorer
Originally I was going to simply use "Presto", after my favorite Rush album (also my Usenet handle and my MSN name), but at the time, I believe the moniker was taken, so I supplemented it with 2112, which is my second favorite Rush album.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads