• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's your screen name from?

What does your EN World screen name come from?

genshou

First Post
genshou is the Romaji spelling of the Japanese word for "phenomenon". It's a nickname I got back in '98 when I first started taking an active interest in the online world, and it's also one of the titles given to my fantasy alter-ego.

genshou

First Post
Nellisir said:
This thread again?

My name is a play on my real name - Nathan Ellis Irving. N.ellis.ir

And I actually prefer Nell to Nate or Nat.
Nellisir always sounded like a good name for a dragon laguz from the video game Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance to me. Ever thought of giving a dragon that name in one of your games? :)

NiTessine

Explorer
I took my nick way back in 1998 or 1997 from the FR novel Elfshadow by Elaine Cunningham, and first used it on Interplay's Baldur's Gate forums, mostly The Backroom. I've been using it ever since. I've also used Tea Elf (nickname given by Backroom regulars) and Caldour (character name, best bard I ever played) in different places, though neither ever stuck.

fusangite

First Post
My .sig contains a partial explanation of my handle. Fusang was the mythical country across the sea according to Chinese legend. According to legend, a group of Buddhist monks visited the land in the 6th century AD where they found cedar trees growing coffee beans and other interesting stuff.

Because the jurisdiction in which I grew up had a large Chinese population and a really lame name (British Columbia), I've tended to identify as a person from Fusang.

Calico_Jack73

First Post
I like pirates and I like rum.

When I was in the Air Force I went to the Class 6 (liquor store on base) and was browsing when I saw the Calico Jack brand of rum and it was pretty good stuff. I later found out that Calico Jack Rackham was that pirate who used the skull and crossed cutlasses for his flag.

Lockridge

First Post
This was my first 3rd edition D&D character. A fighter named Patrick Lockridge.
A friend got me into it after years of not playing since 1st edition.

Kaodi

Hero
Ah, Name...

My screen name evolved from my real name, thanks to Walt Disney. I often wonder how many of the people on these boards used to frequent TSR/WotC Chat back when the name Kaodi first saw the light of the pixels.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads