• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wheel of Time November Launch. The next GOT or the next Shannara Chronicles?

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus

So Season 1 comes to Amazon in November this year. Covering half of book 1, The Eye of the World.

Will it be the next Game of Thrones? (With a better ending). Or be a damp Squibb like Shannara Chronicles (nothing against the serious but wasn’t a riveting success).

Having Rosamund Pike as a lead fills me with hope. She’s a boss actor!

I hope it doesn't bomb. One of my old D&D buddies is partially responsible for getting this made.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
I do think that the entire side arc with the Shaido could be removed without any negative impact on the series, but that is genuinely my...only big complaint with the series.
Mine is that books 7-8 or 9 had a lot of pages and almost no plot advancement. You could cut out the vast majority of those books without really changing anything. And the Shaido. :)

MGibster

Legend
When I heard the news I couldn't help but sniff derisively and I've been tugging my braid non-stop between bouts of smoothing my skirt. I can't wait until they get to season 4-5 and Elayne spends the whole time preparing for, taking, and exiting the bath.

I kid! I kid! Sort of. I'll give this a chance and I hope it does well.

Remove ads