D&D 5E When did you last buy a WotC D&D5e product? (not a third party or DM Guild)

When did you last buy a WotC D&D5e product? (not a third party or DM Guild)

I bought Art & Arcana in 2018. If we only talk about source books, it was probably Xanathar's Guide in 2017. Admittedly, I did use Tasha's Cauldron (from 2020), but there I used a friend's copy and didn't buy it myself.

MarkB

Legend
Technically it was July 2023 so that's what I voted, but that was just buying the Multiverse version of the Air Genasi as a standalone on D&D Beyond for a game I was in. The last actual product I bought was Fizban's back in October 2021, which surprised me - I hadn't realised it had been that long.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
If the Lore & Legends book counts, then this summer. It isn't a game book, but it is a book about the making for 5e. Last 5e game book I bought was Keys from the Golden Vault as a DnD Beyond pre‑order in February. I also renewed my subscription to DDB in August.

ichabod

Legned
Spelljammer, so 2022. After the OGL debacle and my distaste with the "quality" of Spelljammer, I don't plan on buying any new WotC books for quite a while. I may buy used copies of the 5.5 books and other new books, but only after I have a better sense of the contents.

Osgood

Hero
The Book of Many Things, which has a lot of cool ideas. These days I buy most of my books on Beyond, but I’m looking forward to getting my physical copy of this one.

The translation of Moderkain's Monsters of the Multiverse I hope to buy Tasha's Cauldron when I return to my city.

Even if I wanted, I couldn't buy the English-languange editions.

Remove ads