D&D 5E When did you last buy a WotC D&D5e product? (not a third party or DM Guild)

When did you last buy a WotC D&D5e product? (not a third party or DM Guild)

Clint_L

Hero
Not counting minis? Rime of the Frostmaiden. I bought it last year sometime and ran it this year.
WotC doesn't make miniatures; they got out of that business ages ago. Most D&D branded miniatures are made by Wizkids, who are a subsidiary of collectibles giant NECA.

I buy most of WotC's books through DnDBeyond, but they are a fraction of what I spend on gaming. Companies like Dwarven Forge and Reaper claim most of my dollars, not to mention many, many great board games!

aco175

Legend
I last bought the Stormwreck Box. Was excited for Phandelvar and Below but turned off with all the portal and outer space stuff instead of keeping it more grounded. Want to be excited with the Vecna stuff next year but fear it will be more of the same with multi world Planescape stuff.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Candlekeep Mysteries - March '21.

I'm still running my Theros campaign, so haven't had any need to pick up any new books since Tasha's Cauldron in Nov '20. Candlekeep was an impulse buy to support a local game shop but I've yet to use anything in it.

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
Last WotC thing I picked up was Dungeon of the Mad Mage on sale toward the end of 2022. I got Radiant Citadel earlier that same year, iirc.

Vael

Legend
I bought the Starjammer box set, that was the last official WotC purchase. That said, I am planning on getting the new PHB, and would have bought the Deck of Many Things if it had come earlier.

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
Epic
I purchased my last WotC product prior to the OGL debacle. I still had a D&D Beyond subscription at the beginning of the year, but I canceled it before they caved to community pressure. I'm not sure what it was... maybe the Spelljammer set?

I don't plan to purchase any more WotC products, nor do I plan to updated to One D&D; we've switched to Pathfinder 2E (and if that's doesn't work out, I'll slide over to Savage Worlds or something).

Remove ads