D&D 5E When did you last buy a WotC D&D5e product? (not a third party or DM Guild)

When did you last buy a WotC D&D5e product? (not a third party or DM Guild)

Retreater

Legend
Although today I bought the Dragonlance board game from Ollie's Discount for $9.99. Does that count?
I didn't count it in my assessment (along with the Campaign Cases) because they aren't specifically "5e" products. Neither would be art books, miniatures, terrain, T-shirts, etc., by my reading of the question.

Stormonu

Legend
Since Tasha's, my "official" purchases have slowed. I did pick up Planescape recently. I also grabbed a couple of the older adventures I had initially passed on because they were on sale earlier this year - Curse of Strahd Revamped, Dungeons of the Mad Mage and Tyranny of Dragons. No plans to pick up any of the 2024 books, especially not the redone core books - I'm done with edition changes/revisions.

Voadam

Legend
I bought a WotC PDF of the 4e PH II over the Black Friday sale, so less than a month ago.

I bought my nephew a 5e Van Richten's around Halloween. So within two months.

Last 5e hardcover book I bought for myself? Volo's Guide to Monsters? I might have gotten that. One of the core set? Most of my 5e book collection has been gifts from family.

Scottius

Adventurer
The last book I purchased from them was the Ravenloft guide which I quickly flipped at my local used bookstore as I was unimpressed. My gaming group & I dropped WOTC permanently in the wake of the OGL mess so I won't be picking up anything in the future.

Clint_L

Hero
On second thought, I suppose the last thing I bought from them was my DDB subscription. Which I buy every month. But my last few purchased through it have been 3PP. Unsolicited plug: Lairs of Etharis is really, really good, tapping into a horror vein that WotC (probably intentionally) neglects. Does buying it through DDB count as a WotC product, since they must get a cut?

TheHand

Adventurer
Planescape is my only 2023 WotC purchase, as I’m a huge fan of the 2e material. Prior to that I think it was Radiant Citadel, but after a disappointing Spelljammer and some questionable decisions by the company and very mixed reviews with their most recent books, I’ve been very hesitant with buying their new products. I used to get every book before that, but now my rpg money has mostly gone to 3rd party publishers.

Remove ads