When do you eat your main Thanksgiving meal?

When do you eat your main Thanksgiving meal?

• 12:00

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1:00

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • 2:00

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • 3:00

• 4:00

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • 5:00

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • 6:00

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • 7:00

• 8:00

• We don't have a major Thanksgiving meal

• We don't celebrate Thanksgiving

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • We're not even Americans

Votes: 4 13.8%

ichabod

Legned
This was a subject of much discussion at my sister's place today, and was of particular interest to a rather hungry niece. So I thought I would see what other people do.

aco175

Legend
When my grandparents were alive, dinner was at noon- sharp or you missed out. My cousin had been hosting the last few years and it is more 1:00-1:30.

Hex08

Hero
I ate late this year because it was just me. Usually, friends and I get together to eat, drink and play games but because of various family issues people had my usual plans fell apart. Normally we eat between 5:00 - 6:00pm. When I was a kid, before my parents divorced it was usually around 1:00 - 2:00pm, which was great because if it was at my grandparents' house and that gave you plenty of time to slip into a coma and wake up in time to go home (lots and lots of food, both traditional Thanksgiving food and not).

Richards

Legend
Usually around 4:00, but this year we're bumping our Thanksgiving meal to tomorrow, as the wife isn't feeling too well. No biggie - we've had to bump Thanksgiving on many an occasion, especially early in our marriage when I'd often be on alert over Thanksgiving. (We had small kids then, so I'd volunteer to pull alert on both Thanksgiving and New Year's Eve/Day if I could stay home on Christmas Eve/Day. The single crew members often did the opposite, volunteering to go out on alert on Christmas Eve/Day if they could get New Year's Eve/Day off - different priorities.)

Johnathan

Remove ads