When do you eat your main Thanksgiving meal?

When do you eat your main Thanksgiving meal?

• 12:00

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1:00

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • 2:00

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • 3:00

• 4:00

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • 5:00

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • 6:00

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • 7:00

• 8:00

• We don't have a major Thanksgiving meal

• We don't celebrate Thanksgiving

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • We're not even Americans

Votes: 4 13.8%

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
If it was up to my mother it would be 11am… I miss the old days when we ate actual dinner time (6-8pm). Though we seemed to have settled into 2pm which is ok with football Americano on the TV.

ichabod

Legned
It's a much more low key holiday in Canada - the American one seems to sort of transition into your X-mas festivities.
Actually, the Christmas decorations have already gone up. These days it's starting to feel more like the beginning of our Christmas festivities.

That depends on whether I am in the northeastern US or the southeastern US. Up north, holiday dinners are usually around 2pm, while in the south, they are closer to normal dinner time, around 5pm.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
We start whenever we can arrange for the convenience of me ( the main cook) and all guests. The start time is just a suggestion, to be honest- some arrive early, most arrive a tad late. Typically, that start time is around 4PM, but this year, we only had one guest, and aimed for 2PM.

So, of course, inevitable hiccups meant we really didn’t start eating until 4:30!🤣

Remove ads