Where to find a nerdy girl?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Lesbians, yes.*

Separatists...well, we don't talk politics around here too much.

* I'm not one, though...not that there's anything wring with that.

Dwimmerlied

First Post
NEVER date co-workers. It's a recipe for disaster. When you break up you're lucky if it's merely uncomfortable and not "one of you has to go". And even on the remote chance it goes so well you get an opportunity to live "happily ever after" when they sale or layoffs hit suddenly the entire family is without income. (I've seen both happen multiple times at companies big and small, being foolish enough to try it myself twice).

Aw man, that's very cliché. I'm seeing a co-worker, and we've been living together for 2 years now :D

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
My take on the OP wanting a "nerdy girl" is that he's just looking for someone which whom he has things in common. Someone who won't judge him for being nerdy himself. I get that.

However, some people do just click, despite having differences- sometimes major ones. Consider James Carville and Marly Matalin's long marriage*.

Also, not every non-nerd is judgemental. One young lady I dated considered my gaming hobby no different than other guys' poker night- something that didn't matter to her.

* before their divorce, of course

Last edited:

Dwimmerlied

First Post
Also, not every non-nerd is judgemental. One young lady I dated considered my gaming hobby no different than other guys' poker night- something that didn't matter to her.

I agree. In fact, I think most aren't, really. Most girls I've ever met or established a relationship were obviously into aspects of me they found attractive (or worthy of friendship). None of them changed their minds when they learned I gamed or whatever, and if they did it'd be a quick ticket to (metaphorical) bootsville :D

Last edited:

Remove ads