• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Where to Next?

BSF

Explorer
Russ, that's my point exactly! :D

On to a more serious topic, terrain has slight rises and dips. The Gnolls are camping out in a dip between rises to stay out of the wind that sweeps across the plains.

I'm not sure I would characterize the hyenas as guard animals. Your limited experience with them is as attack animals.

Felix has some ideas.
If we are to attemot rescue of the hostages then here's what I had in mind.
Tormal seems to be able to pass through areas occupied by enemies relatively unscathed. Even though he is one of our main front line guys, I say he runs past the creatures and frees hostages. The rest of us should focus on clearing a path for Tormal and the hostages so they can cleanly escape behind us. Then we turn and follow.
See attachment. And remember that the numbers and location of creatures in this are not exactly accurate, but are more of just an approximation.

Attachments

• battle.doc
    39 KB · Views: 55

Tormal

First Post
Watching as Felix sketches his plans on the ground Tormal smiles in appreciation.

"While I thank you for the compliments I doubt even I could pull that off so easily. If it were a matter of me running from one end of the camp to the other I would not worry as such. However the problem lies in the fact that we don't know what condition the hostages are in. If they are injured, no matter how much I would like it I would not be able to carry them out one by one. Which is why we need to create as much of a distraction or as much confusion as we can. On another note the smoke may help cover up their sense of smell!"

Macbeth

First Post
Here's an idea: what if Li and Tormal fight their way to the surviovors, then stand their ground until the battle is over? Sure, it's likely to get us killed, but I think it would be our best chance to get to the survivors.

In terms of us surviving, hit and run tactics, and ambushes, are definately best. I would think that the gnolls owuld not kill the survivors too quickly. They are keeping them to torment them, not to use them to bargain (I think). I doubt they will kill them, they seem to take pleasure in torturing them. I still think a series of small attacks would be best.

BSF

Explorer
Is it safe to assume that the Seekers are not going to do anything before sundown? Or are you planning some sort of assault immediately?

I just need to know if I should move forward with narrative.

Kultar

First Post
Brother Oceas woiuld like to see if someone could sneak a little closer to the gnolls and scout out the site. Check the layout, where the hostages are, any sentry posts or are they roaming, what kind of cover, how close can we get to the gully they're in. General info that would be handy prior to assaulting their position along with most favorable escape route with hostages. Any volunteers???

BSF

Explorer
What you need is some good invisibility coupled with speed. HEck, invisible flight would be great for you right now.

Remove ads