• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 2E Which 2e campaign setting should make a comeback in 4e?

Which 2e setting should make a comeback?

• Al-Qadim

Votes: 13 6.8%
  • Birthright

Votes: 34 17.7%
  • Dark Sun

Votes: 43 22.4%
  • Dragonlance

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • Oriental Adventures

Votes: 16 8.3%
  • Planescape

Votes: 45 23.4%
  • Ravenloft

Votes: 14 7.3%
  • Spelljammer

Votes: 20 10.4%

Gundark

Explorer
Yeah I'd like to see Realm management rules for 4e. While they existed for 3e, I felt alot of products fell short. Fields of Blood came close...but where more competitive in nature (competing with other players).

Dark Sun while a unique setting, is just D&D with different cloths. Birthright you actually did something different from the standard D&D.

Stormborn

Explorer
While I would love to see Spelljammer or Darksun I think realistically I, and most games, would be best served by OA and Al-Quadim as they can represent other cultures and areas on an established game world.

AffableVagrant

First Post
MoogleEmpMog said:
I'd actively like to see Spelljammer and Dark Sun updated. However, I'd like the updates to come in the form of:

1. A single hardcover (OK, I would like a softcover because that's what I prefer, but that's not gonna happen :p) providing the basics of the setting, some key monsters, any new classes or races, and any other signature crunch (like the ship rules for Spelljammer).

2. Support in Dungeon and Dragon via the Digital Initiative.

3. Monsters updated in the generic monster manuals.

The Dungeon/Dragon magazine support seems critical to me. All of those settings are pretty cool, but if WoC is going to do it, they should really do it all the way and release plenty of content via DDI.

As a side note, I think revisions of these settings for 4e might appeal to the oldschool gamers out there who are skeptical of new editions... so long as the designers remain true to the spirit of the original games.

olshanski

First Post
What happened to Hollow Earth Campaign Setting?
Maztica? (Was that only a subset of FR? or a campaign setting in its own right?)
Savage Coast?
Council of Wyrms?
Jakandor?

Last edited:

Cadriel

First Post
I voted Dark Sun. I'm not really that interested in 4th edition, but I'd love to see the setting get a serious, thorough treatment again that I could adapt to another system (probably some kind of C&C/2e hybrid).

- Wayne

Remove ads