Votes: 24 19.7%
  • Age of Worms

Votes: 64 52.5%
  • Savage Tide

Votes: 34 27.9%

• Poll closed .
Nightfall said:
Ranger man,

There were adventure paths before the Dungeon ones?! I must have missed that. Unless you mean more like "trilogies" or "Sagas" from days of yore...

By 'older adventure paths' I meant Age of Worms and Shackled City. I don't know their plots.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Ranger man,

Yeah well...you didn't exactly mention what Savage Tide was about either. :p

But Age of Worms is simple. Think "Age of the Apocalyse" and the PCs have to stop it. Spawn of Kyuss are a main theme.

Shackled City = City in a volcano and you have to save it. The Abyss and shackles/cages are the big part of the theme.

I think that about covers it.

Grog

First Post
I'm going to go against the grain here and say that I think SC is much, much better than AoW (I haven't read any of ST yet). There's way too much fighting of the same enemies over and over again in AoW, and they're extremely annoying enemies to boot (if I were a player in an AoW campaign, I'd get really sick of enemies dropping brain-eating worms on me in every other fight pretty damn quickly). And except for the brilliant roleplaying adventure "Prince of Redhand," there's nothing really standout about it IMO.

With SC, I think the city of Cauldron helps keep the campaign more grounded. Having a place the PCs call home is a powerful foundation for a campaign, and it's something AoW lacks.

Remove ads