• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which adventure to use

sholcombe

First Post
I've been a DnD player for a while now (3+ years) and am looking at the possibility of becoming a DM. To see if I'm up to the task I would like to run a 3.5 adventure for some friends. Are there any opinions out there about which adventure would be best for me to attempt this with?

regards,

Stuart

Ilium

First Post
There are so many choices, it's impossible to say which is best. I'd pick something short and simple. One of the free downloads from the WotC web site should set you up.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
sholcombe said:
I've been a DnD player for a while now (3+ years) and am looking at the possibility of becoming a DM. To see if I'm up to the task I would like to run a 3.5 adventure for some friends. Are there any opinions out there about which adventure would be best for me to attempt this with?

regards,

Stuart

Grab a bunch of low-level free adventures and read through them. Then run one of those that you like or purchase a low-level one (or find one in a Dungeon magazine). This thread will help get you started -

http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=154448

And Congrats on joining the ranks of the DMs! :)

Wik

First Post
There is a recent Dungeon Adventure called "Seige of the Spider Eaters" which is pretty nifty. It's a nice, easy-to-run adventure that has a lot of cool flavour drippingfrom it. Plus, it's pirate-themed, so it could easily tie in with the new Adventure Path.

Actually, it's on my short list of adventures I could use to give my PCs some XP before putting them on the adventure path. It's really cool.

"The Burning Plague", from the wotc free downloads, is another great adventure - I know my brother ran it, and loved it.

Wraith Form

Explorer
Nightfall said:
Wik,

Eh I liked another adventure, in Dungeon 139, Urban Decay. But that's just me.
Yeah. I dunno why, but the Spider Eaters adventure didn't blow wind up my skirt. (Let's face it--if I'm gonna wear a skirt, I'm gonna want windage up it.)

Goodman Games Dungeon Crawl Classics #29 - The Adventure Begins is a very good PDF / book with low-level, easily-adaptable, easy-to-run adventures.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Wraith,

LOL! :) Yeah that one didn't do it for me but the one set in the Saltmarsh was much more entertaining.

Zweihänder

First Post
I'm rather a big fan of One Last Riddle, from the WotC website. It can be found here.

It offers puzzlement, combat, and opportunities for good roleplaying. More details can be found in the downloadable PDF.

Remove ads