• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which alignment would kill the frenzied berserker in his sleep? Choose all that apply

Which alignment would kill the frenzied berserker in his sleep?

diaglo

Adventurer
if there was no way to convince the FB to take up a life as a peaceful hermit and never fight again i'd say all of them.

otherwise, i'd say get him to take a vow of ... healing. yeah, that's it become the nonviolent healer.

KingCrab

First Post
Magog said:
DM's routinely introduce things like worshiping sinister dietys who's track records for rewarding followers isn't always the greatest. In the realm of evil sometimes it boils down to simply who's available.

I admit that most of the evil characters in my games are very different from the typical 'I want to summon this demon so that he can kill me first before he destroys the rest of the world' baddie.

I admit an evil character with low wisdom might try to keep the berzerker around. However, the majority of evil characters in my game want to reach their goals without unnecessary risks. Evil does not mean 'willing to risk your life for a mild temporary advantage'. My villains are calculating and smart which makes them much harder for the party to kill.

snarfoogle

First Post
KingCrab said:
I admit an evil character with low wisdom might try to keep the berzerker around. However, the majority of evil characters in my game want to reach their goals without unnecessary risks. Evil does not mean 'willing to risk your life for a mild temporary advantage'. My villains are calculating and smart which makes them much harder for the party to kill.

I disagree - all BBEGs need a damage sponge to protect them while they cast their long casting time spells. An above average wisdom high int. evil character is willing to take a small risk (after extensively planning to make that risk small) for a large permanent advantage (which is what a deadly force that can't die until it has stopped raging). As has been mentioned before, Evil Spellcasting Party member (I'll assume the Evil Party Member is a caster) can usually learn Fly, Invisibility, or get an item to help them do that. FBs usually don't have the equipment to fly and see invisible and probably can't activate any sort of complex flying while in a frenzy anyway. So when a situation happens, Evil Party Member flies up or quaffs a potion of invisibility, and tries to subdue the FB magically from his position of safety. A fighting Evil Party Member might have a tougher time of this, and a higher chance of sleep-killing the FB.

Of course, that's just me trying to think like Evil Party Member, not someone who plays Evil Party Member, so disregard my opinion if I missed something big.

Crothian

First Post
Ourph said:
All of them. The genetic imperative toward self-preservation trumps all alignment issues.

Except self preservation just has to have you leave the guy, go your seperate ways. You don't have to kill him to stay alive.

Remove ads