• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which classic adventure would you like to see republished next?

Which classic adventure would you most like to see redone/revamped for 3e?

• GDQ1-7: The Queen of the Spiders

Votes: 56 21.7%
  • A1-4: The Slave Lords series

Votes: 32 12.4%
  • I3-5: Desert of Desolation

Votes: 38 14.7%
  • S1: The Tomb of Horrors

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • S2: White Plume Mountain

Votes: 9 3.5%
  • S4 & WG4: Tsojcanth and Tharizdun

Votes: 22 8.5%
  • B2: The Keep on the Borderlands

Votes: 27 10.5%
  • B3: The Palace of the Silver Princess

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • X1: The Isle of Dread

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 38 14.7%

Gnome Quixote

First Post
Mycanid said:
I'll take the U1-3 series revamped for 3.5.

THAT would be interesting.

These get my vote as well, especially given that Saltmarsh was fully fleshed out in DMG2.

I've never played them, just read about them, and it sounds right up my alley--I'm planning to run the conversion of U1 for one of my groups once I've "broken them in" a bit.

Thomas Percy

First Post
I know, everyone want to be forever young!

But I want thousand times more new 3-3,5e adventures like RHoD than these old flashbacks of youth.

Cthulhudrew

First Post
Kai Lord said:
Two words:

Castle Amber

Two more words:

Hell yeah!!

It could easily be expanded into a mega-module/adventure path going from wherever to wherever you wanted, too.

The biggest problem with this, though, would be the Averoigne rights. I'm sure that getting the current holder of the rights (I believe it is Arkham House) to allow their usage would be problematic, especially since they just put out a reprint of A Rendezvous in Averoigne (collection) not too long ago.

Without the Averoigne stories, the whole second act of the adventure kind of disappears.

Ghendar

First Post
Rel said:
"Dwellers of the Forbidden City"

Tasloi riding Giant Wasps, .

And an added benefit to this might be that WotC would finally make a Mounted Spider Eater mini.
Well, I want it anyway. :D

Festivus

First Post
Thomas Percy said:

But I want thousand times more new 3-3,5e adventures like RHoD than these old flashbacks of youth.

I find no shortage of newer adventures out there, not only from Wizards, but all the other publishers like Goodman and Necromancer. I love this era of online PDF stores like Drivethrurpg and Enworld's Gamestore, where I can search the vast array of adventures, download the book and put it in a binder. It might not be a thousand times more, but there are a heck of a lot out there, particularly if you count Dungeon magazine adventures too.

These flashbacks to you might be new to me, though I do remember playing some of them, I never played Ravenloft, I never played the Saltmarsh series, I never played the Undermountain, or the Giants/Demonweb series, I missed quite a few, and now I have an opportunity to play them. Sometimes I like to just read the adventures, moreso than a novel, because I can inject my own lead characters into the stories.

Crothian

First Post
Thomas Percy said:

Well, it is not like this is an instead of proposition. We can have both.

00Machado

First Post
H Series...would be good to have to run a domain and deal with a combination of realm management and personal actions on the battlefield/dungeon
Slaver Series - Lots of intrigue and investigation and ruthless skirmish potential here
Dwellers of the Forbidden City - Stuck out in the middle of the jungle when things go awry
Skarda's Mirror?
I10 - The sequel to Expedition to Castle Ravenloft. Strahd returns, basically.
The Tharizdun one - Descent into madness, D&D style
Night Below - Great then, could be made more great now. Underdark with something other than drow.

I also like the idea someone posted of doing new things like Red Hand of Doom instead of always focusing on the nostalgia angle. It's the only way that we'll get new iconic memories and classic adventures.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads