• Poll closed .

diaglo

Adventurer
Darkness said:

i don't think this is Algolei, but i could be wrong:

hugh-grant.jpg

Seeten

First Post
I cant understand why I would want a book with sample organizations. People seem to like them but I cant understand it. So, Complete Warrior. Less bad stuff, more good. Generic, perhaps, but good.

Shade

Monster Junkie
MerricB said:
You know, I keep hearing that CD had lots of things still in their 3e format.

Can anyone give me some examples?

I know that the Geomancer still had Scry as a class skill (but Wilderness Lore got changed to Survival, so that seems to be a partial oversight...)

What else was there?

Cheers!

Off the top of my head, one of the most glaring is reprinting Magical Beast Wild Shape, with Beast Wild Shape still on the prereqs line! How long has the beast type been gone by now?

I was really surprised that CD was so bad, considering Defenders of the Faith was the highest quality of the orginal classbooks, IMHO.

Pants

First Post
Shade said:
I was really surprised that CD was so bad, considering Defenders of the Faith was the highest quality of the orginal classbooks, IMHO.
Never had two characters with the speed quality on their armor, eh?
Horribly overpowered, I felt so bad about having that armor, that I asked the DM if it would be okay if I switched the armor over to 3.5 haste rather than 3.0 haste.

Oh god, having that made me feel dirty....

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Crothian said:
Complete Warrior. It was really usible for character already created and of mid to high level. It actually is a book that all classes can use unlike Divine and arcane. AV was good, but too many combat oriented swift spells and too many odd mult classing combos were needed.
You say that, but I just don't see it. In CW, 50% of the PrCs were for Fighters. Less than 10% were for Wizards.

beaver1024

First Post
Complete Arcane is rubbish. The only one of the Complete books that takes away from the classes the book purports to support. A bit of deceptive marketing there by WoTC.

Complete Divine is rubbish. Editing and balance wise.

Only Complete Adventurer and Complete Warrior are any decent and of the 2 I would say that Complete Adventurer is the best but only just. Both are useful in my campaigns unlike the other 2 Complete Disasters.

Eremite

Explorer
beaver1024 said:
(snip) Complete Divine is rubbish. Editing and balance wise. (snip)

Too true... so where did the seven votes for it come from? Are people selecting the wrong book by accident? ;)

Greylock

First Post
I prefer the CW. The only two I have bought are that and CD. Neither CA interests me much.

That said, I really have a jones to play a Favored Soul. Just don't want to play a 1st level FS. The trade-off of spontaneous casting, weapon feats and eventual resistance +'s for Domains, Turn Undead, and Healing spell subs seems a bit much.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
I'm undecided between Adventurer and Warrior. Both are really great books.

On the one hand, Rogue is my favourite class, bar none. ON the other hand, D&D usually has its fair share of combat, so both books are useful. And in Adventurer, even the oriental base class was nice (Wu Jen and Shugenja are good, too, but I had those in OA already. And we don't have to lose a single word about that Samurai abomination).

Divine and Arcane had good stuff, too: Warlock and Favoured Soul as base classes (and, to some extend, Spirit Shaman and War Mage), a lot of the other material. But they can't hold a candle to the other two.

Remove ads