Which Complete book is the best?

Which Complete ____ book is best?

• Poll closed .

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Shade said:
Defenders of the Faith was the highest quality of the orginal classbooks, IMHO.
I dunno... Defenders of the Faith had a lot of badly-designed / unbalanced stuff. Definitely my least favorite of its line.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Pants said:
Never had two characters with the speed quality on their armor, eh?
Horribly overpowered, I felt so bad about having that armor, that I asked the DM if it would be okay if I switched the armor over to 3.5 haste rather than 3.0 haste.

Oh god, having that made me feel dirty....

I didn't say it was perfect. :lol:

Yeah, the speed armor got banned immediately, as did the Arm of Nyr. But discounting the magic item sections, I felt that it was overall better than the rest of the series.

Sword & Fist -- Still largely unbalanced after numerous errata and Sage Advice answers.

Tome & Blood -- Painfully bland. The orb spells and magic items, especially. Also contained two of the most broken spells ever, hide life and ghostform.

Song & Silence -- Some of the most pointless prestige classes ever. Outlaw of the Crimson Road, anyone?

Masters of the Wild -- Miasma, miasma, miasma! And the forsaker, while a cool idea, is wholly unplayable. The verdant lord...fighter BAB and +1 spellcasting/level! Many of the other prestige classes pushed the limits of balance.

Algolei

Explorer
Darkness said:
Give this man a cigar! ;)

diaglo said:
i don't think this is Algolei, but i could be wrong:

hugh-grant.jpg
Why must you turn these boards into your DEN OF LIES!! :shakefist:

Pants

First Post
Shade said:

Yeah, the speed armor got banned immediately, as did the Arm of Nyr. But discounting the magic item sections, I felt that it was overall better than the rest of the series.
Must be my general loving of Arcane-related goodness as I like both Complete Arcane and Tome and Blood the best out of both series of books.

Thankfully, Complete Adventurer turned out much better than Song and Silence. :)

Elephant

First Post
Shade said:

What *are* these items you speak of?

Pants

First Post
Elephant said:
What *are* these items you speak of?
Armor of Speed granted a continuous 3.0 Haste effect for the price of a +3 armor bonus.
The others I can't remember, I never owned DotF, I just borrowed a friend's copy once.

Remove ads