• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which DND God would you worship?

Lorehead

First Post
When Faiths and Pantheons came out, the same fellow who came up with my nickname brought this line, on page 38, to my attention: "Helm harbors ill feelings toward the Morninglord that date back to the Dawn Cataclysm, when Lathander indirectly casued the destruction of Helm's lover Murdane, a lesser deity of reason and pragmatism."

"That's why you hate the Realms," he said. "Your goddess died there thousands of years ago."

In fact, I've given the setting a chance and it's grown on me, but I still think that explains a lot. But, now that Lost Empires of Faerûn lets characters worship dead gods, who has the last laugh?

Sledge

First Post
Torm would definitely make life interesting. Otherwise what deity, that is active, is the most powerful? Would want someone the rest of the powers wouldn't like crossing.

freebfrost

Explorer
If I had clerical powers, Mystra 2nd edition for sure. Her specialty priest got about every sphere there was!

Otherwise, Sune. I'd certainly be going to church a lot more often, that's for sure! ;)

Mycanid

First Post
This is a hard one to answer. There are so many presuppositions ... but I would have to say it would probably be Corellon Latherian and Ehlonna. The two of them embody so much that is so close to my heart....

The question has not even come up regarding what race you would likely be - and not WOULD LIKE to be, but would LIKELY be, based on how you are. Seems logical to me that one's race would have a fairly large role in the religious choices one makes in the DnD world. And for me it is easy - I would be a half elf. Period. :) Which, of course, would make the choice of Corellon and Ehlonna all the more of a "fit".

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Steverooo said:
Well, this thread won't live long, will it?

I'd worship God, just the same. Always do!

Likewise, I'm pretty devoted to YHWH and would have to stay in His service. It was pretty hard for me to even contemplate the question, until I saw Balgus' comment: "Just want to know which DND God best matches your ideals." Using this as the qustion ("What D&D god best matches your ideals?") is much more palatable.

Under that re-formation, I'll choose Yondalla out of the PH gods, and one of Ethi (air, beauty, birds, sky), Genos (fire, foresight, zeal), and Hestia (hearth, home, family) out of my campaign.

davidschwartznz

First Post
der_kluge said:
Or maybe Blipdoolpoolp. You know, just to be different.
Sure, she's 90% naked chick, but wouldn't the other 10% pinch?

Can I vote Bleak Cabal? (Yes even in a fantasy world where gods are demonstrably real, I'd still be a secularist. Gods are too damn needy.)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads