• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which DND God would you worship?

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Agent Oracle said:
Blipdoolpoolp wouldnt happen to look like the "look at her or she'll eat your unmentionables" "bride", from Daigon by H.P. Lovecraft, would it?

From the old illustrations I remember, she has a human female's body and a lobsters head and claws.

genshou

First Post
Greyhawk: Olidammara. That guy's just such fun.
Forgotten Realms: Fenmarel Mestarine or possibly Sune (not for getting the chicks, but for wanting to defend beauty without having a titanium rod up my :):):)).

In the Forgotten Realms, probably Mystra. If I'm living in a world where magic is that real and quantifiable, I'd probably end up with them. Lathander would be good too: Dawn, the Sun, Life and Healing, all very good things and things I feel strongly about.

If in Dragonlance, I'd probably end up as a Mystic, and owe no specific allegiance to a deity. The Krynnish gods leave and return so often that their crystal sphere practically has a revolving door, better to rely on the divinity within. That and I think the Mystic class is cool and should be in the core rules (they really need a core spontaneous divine caster).

On Greyhawk, probably Pelor, for much the same reasons as Lathander above (I think at one point they even said that Pelorites visiting the Realms get their spells granted by Lathander, and vice versa, and that the two deities quietly worked out such a deal and are on very good terms on the Outer Planes)

Among the Olympian deities, I would certainly say it would be Athena: A deity of Knowledge, Civilization, and Tactics.

Jupp

Explorer
Zagyg. Mad mages going divine are high on my list. If he does not allow me into his doodhood I'd choose Sune to forget about him :)

Torm

Explorer
I'd like to give shout outs bigtime to Darth K'Trava, Henry, and Sledge for thinking of Me. +1 to attacks and saves for the rest of the day for the three of you. :D

As for what deities I like to give My total and unswerving devotion to, I'd have to mention Tyr, Ilmater, and of course, Mystra, and little Sune. It's A Kind Of Magic. ;)

.... sets to one side a special SMITE for Wayne62682, just in case :p ....

Ace

Adventurer
I'd favor Pelor if it was D&D gods are the only real gods and I couldn't take the Aesir

Pelor is NG -- my alignment of choice -- supports Paladins and Holy Liberators as needed and even regular joes (CG, LG,N,NG) Sun and Healing and Good aren't the most poweful domains but I'd be OK with em

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads