• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which DND God would you worship?

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Ace said:
I'd favor Pelor if it was D&D gods are the only real gods and I couldn't take the Aesir

Pelor is NG -- my alignment of choice -- supports Paladins and Holy Liberators as needed and even regular joes (CG, LG,N,NG) Sun and Healing and Good aren't the most poweful domains but I'd be OK with em

Sun and Good are great! You can't make Holy weapons without holy smite.

-- N

ShadowRaven

First Post
Tamara from the draconomicon. Goddess of mercy and peaceful death at the end of a good life. Can't ask for much more then that really. That and killing the undead as a hobby sounds like fun

brehobit

Explorer
CRGreathouse said:
Likewise, I'm pretty devoted to YHWH and would have to stay in His service. It was pretty hard for me to even contemplate the question, until I saw Balgus' comment: "Just want to know which DND God best matches your ideals." Using this as the qustion ("What D&D god best matches your ideals?") is much more palatable.

Under that re-formation, I'll choose Yondalla out of the PH gods, and one of Ethi (air, beauty, birds, sky), Genos (fire, foresight, zeal), and Hestia (hearth, home, family) out of my campaign.

I'm in the same boat with respect to my real-world religion. But as a "matches your ideas" thing, Fharlanghn would have to be it.

I could so see myself traveling the world by foot. In fact, that's something of an (unlikely) life goal. Plus the CG thing and treating travelers well appeals to me.

Mark

mhacdebhandia

Explorer
In Eberron, probably the Sovereign Host (with a particular devotion to Aureon), or the Silver Flame. Had things in my life turned out differently, probably the "wanderer" side of the Traveler rather than the "evil jerk" side.

In Greyhawk, most likely Boccob, Fharlanghn (under the same conditions as the Traveler), or Olidammara.

In the Forgotten Realms, Oghma fits the specific pattern of "god of knowledge and ideas" better than either Aureon or Boccob, so I'd be comfortable with him as my patron deity. Shaundakul would be a good alternate choice if I had fewer roots in my life.

Lonely Tylenol

First Post
I'm not overly compatible with any of the Greyhawk deities. Probably Pelor, just because he seems genuinely helpful for a deity. In Faerun, probably Sune. She's got the right idea.

gfunk

First Post
I'll throw in my hat for Ao-worship also.

Gotta love the Overdeity. Doesn't give a crap about mortal worshippers and he OWNZ the entire FR Pantheon. It's what I would aspire to if I were a god.

Darth K'Trava

First Post
Torm said:
I'd like to give shout outs bigtime to Darth K'Trava, Henry, and Sledge for thinking of Me. +1 to attacks and saves for the rest of the day for the three of you. :D

I'll have to remember that the next time we play the epic game. We have two worshippers of Torm- my character and a friend playing a paladin. :)

I don't have that Custom Title for nuthin', amigo!! :D

As for what deities I like to give My total and unswerving devotion to, I'd have to mention Tyr, Ilmater, and of course, Mystra, and little Sune. It's A Kind Of Magic. ;)

Torm and his magic family..... :lol: You'd better watch for little Sune.... you're gonna be smitin' a whole bunch of guys later on.... ;)

.... sets to one side a special SMITE for Wayne62682, just in case :p ....

Let the Smackdown of Torm begin!!!! :]

Remove ads