• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which DND God would you worship?

Land Outcast

Explorer
The Rider of the Winds
God of travel, exploration, caravans, windghosts

A lonely deity of few words who lets his deeds speak for him. He is kind but stern, with a rugged sense of humor that sometimes comes to the fore.

Clad in his dark, swirling cloak, leather armor, and boots that never quite touch the ground, the Rider of the Winds cuts a regal figure with his massive greatsword ever at the ready. Tall and handsome, Shaundakul walks in silence but is surrounded by the ever-present keening whistle of the wind.

Beowolf

Explorer
for me i would go with three gods actually. Kord, Heronius ( sp?) and Pelor, just to cover all of the general aspects of good, not to mention the major ass kickery that would come from the teaming up of gods with many differences but are all commited to helping the lives of the people and defeating evil.

in my homebrew the three churches play an important role in the culture and society of one of the main kingdoms, because i see thier ideas and teachings as strong and solid concepts in their own right but also they easily apply to the commmon person who can benifit from them (ie kord encourages personal stregnth and independance, pelor encoruages charity and community cooperation, heroninus encuorages the rule of law and being ever prepared against evil

lukelightning

First Post
Dracorat said:
Shiallia. Forgotten Realms.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiallia

Dogma: The only true goal of any living thing is to procreate.

Where can you go wrong?

Where? Sooooo many places! Have fun supporting a family of 12, being constantly pregnant or breastfeeding if you are female, and getting sent to hell for using prophylactics. Also, making babies is its own reward you don't have to have fun doing it.

Dracorat

First Post
lukelightning said:
Also, making babies is its own reward you don't have to have fun doing it.

One could say that eating is it's own reward; you don't have to enjoy the meal.

But why deny yourself that pleasure?

As for all the rest... Sounds more anti-orthodox-Christianity than anti-Shiallia. At any rate, without this turning to a real-world religion debate, I don't think that anyone in a fantasy settings needs to worry about the prophylactics argument.

And as you said, having children is its own reward, so why would I worry about "supporting a family of twelve"? Obviously, it is worth it. =)

prosfilaes

Adventurer
In the Dieties and Demigods D&D system, I think I'd go for Bahamut, for the combination of fighting evil and compassion and mercy. Boccob (for foresight and knowledge) would get some respect, but I couldn't accept the ethical balance espoused. St. Cuthbert, for honesty, truth, and discipline, would be a little tempting, but he's too big on vengance and intolerance and too little on mercy and compassion.

Imp

First Post
There can be only one answer.

Juiblex, the Faceless Lord! \m/

Actually, given my proclivities, probably Ao.

Remove ads