Votes: 35 23.0%
  • (12) Pathfinder Bestiary

Votes: 71 46.7%
  • (13) Other

Votes: 88 57.9%

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I've sadly lost more monster books than I own over the years. I am trying to recover stuff via eBay and the like, though.

Select all that you own. I've listed a bunch. If I've missed any out, apologies. Not including your favourite monster book is, of course, a deliberate conspiracy to.. do... err... something?

I haven't included direct sequels or setting-specific ones, but feel free to use "Other" and post a picture!

monsters.jpg

Last edited:

Abraxas

Explorer
Hmmm ... I own all those, plus a bunch more and have duplicates of some because I keep getting other people's collections when they have to get rid of them for some reason.

Crothian

First Post
I haven't picked up the 5e one because I don't have a need yet. The 4e ones I gave away so no longer have them. The rest and lots of others I have.

M.L. Martin

Adventurer
Damn. That Creature Catalogue is not cheap on eBay.

You can get the revised verison on dndclassics.com, and I think that's even rarer. It's the version I have.

In addition to some of the poll options (1E MM 2nd cover, 2E Monstrous Manual, 3E and 3.5 MM, 4E MM, Monster Vault, Creature Catalog), I've got a bunch of MCAs (all three Ravenloft, a mixture of DL/FR/GH, Kara-Tur, Outer Planes, Planescape, Mystara, and Annuals 1 & 3), the 4E MM2, MM3 and MV: Threats to the Nentir Vale, and the 13th Age Bestiary. EDIT: And C&C Monsters & Treasure in the flipbook format with the PHB.

Last edited:

Uder

First Post
Wish I still had my copy of All The Worlds Monsters 1. It was to 1E what the Creature Catalog was to 3E... lower quality, but quicker to market.

I didn't get mine until long after the AD&D Monster Manual was out... I saw both in a game store as a kid and the choice was obvious.

jeffh

Adventurer
You know the first two are two different covers for the exact same book, right?

In any case, I've got all the 3.5 ones, probably about two thirds of the 2E appendixes (totalling across both the binder and softcover formats) plus the Monstrous Manual, and the 3 first edition ones. Also a battered copy of the Creature Catalog shown above, which is one of the best monster books around, especially for its time, in terms of creatures you'd want to build an adventure around.

In 4E, while I have the original, I pretty much retired it in favour of the Monster Vault, MM3, Dark Sun catalog (even though it was not a Dark Sun game), and monsters of my own invention.

I've also got numerous third-party monster books for 3E/3.5, some of which are just excellent.

Remove ads