Which PDF Publishers sell direct from their Websites?

ZombieButch

First Post
I've been looking at PayPal's shopping cart system, and so far it looks pretty simple to implement, and the secure bits are handled on their end. So if time permits this weekend, I'll probably try it out. (And since I'm only offering one product, I don't have much to screw up!)

Bacris

First Post
I highly recommend both Virtuemart for Joomla and OSCommerce if you're looking to set up your own storefront - both integrate with paypal very nicely and are free (assuming you have a web host that allows you to install php systems).

Dreamscarred Press started with OSCommerce and we haven't had any problemw with it and later migrated to Virtuemart simply to integrate the forums, news, and store into a single interface.

Bacris

First Post
I know VERY minimal about PHP and was able to customize ours pretty easily - it even comes with a built-in function to change the text on your site without having to download files to your computer, modify, and re-upload.

The only problem I did run into with OSCommerce was finding themes I liked.

Rasyr

Banned
Banned
Iron Crown also sells PDFs via its website.

Rather than OSCommerce, you might want to try Zen Cart. It is also free, is based off OSCommerce, and has a lot of nifty extras that OS Commerce doesn't.

Remove ads