Which PDF Publishers sell direct from their Websites?

FraserRonald

Explorer
Our service provider has an e-commerce option, but I'm pretty code-stupid and was always a little intimidated. I think I'll have to have a serious look at this or someother option, like Zen Cart.

Roudi

First Post
With a little digging, I've found that my current webhost (Geocities Pro) won't easily allow me to run a storefront. I'm looking for a good, cheap, reliable web hosting service that'll let me run a storefront, and doesn't cost more than $10 USD monthly (tall order, I know). Can anyone make any recommendations?

ukgpublishing

First Post
Roudi said:
With a little digging, I've found that my current webhost (Geocities Pro) won't easily allow me to run a storefront. I'm looking for a good, cheap, reliable web hosting service that'll let me run a storefront, and doesn't cost more than $10 USD monthly (tall order, I know). Can anyone make any recommendations?

Roudi, drop me a mail. We already run Zencart so it shouldn't be a problem ;)

For those who want to know how easy Zencart is, i managed to install it in about 2 hours first time, now I can do it in around 30 mins (excluding customisation).

Our storefront is http://www.ukg-publishing.co.uk/

Laters

philreed

Adventurer
Supporter
ukgpublishing said:
Roudi, drop me a mail. We already run Zencart so it shouldn't be a problem ;)

For those who want to know how easy Zencart is, i managed to install it in about 2 hours first time, now I can do it in around 30 mins (excluding customisation).

Our storefront is http://www.ukg-publishing.co.uk/

Laters

How much experience did you have with web programming before installing the software?

ZombieButch

First Post
philreed said:
How difficult is this program to use for someone with no experience?

If it helps, I just figured out how to set up the PayPal shopping cart without much trouble. I've got to work a couple of other things out real quick first, but it was really easy. You go to the PayPal shopping cart page, plug in the information on the product (name, product number, price) and they generate the code for the "Add to Cart" button. (You can use their button or create your own custom button if you like.) They also generate the code for the "view your cart" button as well.

ZombieButch

First Post
Roudi said:

I've been very happy with Five Dollar Hosting so far. $5 a month, obviously.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
There's probably a little cottage industry springing up here whereby someone who can readily set up independent storefronts can help a few hundred small publsihers either set them up themselves or do it for them for a fair price. I expect most will want to set them up before December 1st in hopes it sends a signal to OBS to receonsider their rate increase and rescind it. It's a quick five weeks' work for one, two, or three enterprising coders.

ukgpublishing

First Post
philreed said:
How much experience did you have with web programming before installing the software?

Website design - quite a lot.

Web Programming - Zero

The documentation and comments in the code are very good. If you can spare the time, check out the docs its pretty straight forward.

ZombieButch

First Post
ukgpublishing said:
Website design - quite a lot.

Web Programming - Zero

The documentation and comments in the code are very good. If you can spare the time, check out the docs its pretty straight forward.

Thinking about it, though, what Phil is really going to need is a delivery system... It seems like most of the e-commerce solutions (at least the ones I've looked at) are intended for physical deliveries, not PDF's.

Remove ads