• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which PrC for archers is best?

ivrob

First Post
Of all the PrC for archers: Arcane Archer, Deepwood sniper, Order of the Bow Initiate and Peerless Archer (i don't know if i'm missing any other) which is the best to attain and why?

hong

WotC's bitch
The peerless archer is the most broken. Beyond that, your question is as meaningful as asking whether pasta is better than sex.

Hmm.

Hong "so, IS pasta better than sex?" Ooi

krunchyfrogg

Explorer
A lot depends on the game you're in. For instance, in a low-magic world, the Arcane Archer's abilities rock.

If you have a high wisdom, the OotBI is great!

It's really up to you. The most broken archer builds I've seen revolve around taking a few levels of different Archer PrC's (for fighters), or, if you're in FRCS, going with an Elven Cleric Archer.

As for the pasta thing, nothing is better than cooking pasta with your lover, dining together, than having the sex. Or sex first, eat, then more sex.

Just make sure both are al denté!

Last edited:

Victim

First Post
Probably the best single one is Peerless Archer. Ranged power attack is just wrong.

But since most the prerequisite feats are the same, so it's easy to combine most of them.

Last edited:

Dark Jezter

First Post
Peerless Archer is way overpowered. I'm running an FR campaign and am allowing my players access to the spells, feats, and prestige classes from the suppliments, but I definately won't be allowing the Peerless Archer (or the Incantatrix) if the subject comes up.

johnsemlak

First Post
I liked the Bone Archer (from Three Arrows for the King, though perhaps it appeared somewhere earlier) for flavor, an interesting idea. I would like to use it some time.

Remove ads