Which Social Media Platforms Do You Use?

Which Social Media Platform(s) Do You Use?

I have FB (got it way back when it was college limited), I'm on Reddit and I have a youtube channel. I use Instagram and Twitter to follow others/interact with authors. I also use discord for the WoW guild I'm in along with a few of the addons I use and other gaming communities.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Reddit/Discord is great if you want a specific question answered. Not so great for having an actual conversation.

Twitter is great for announcements. Sucks badly at conversations so I dont have a ton of use for it.

I learned long ago that Facebook is for peoples cats and racist rants. I never visit there. Conversations are fine there, they just are not the ones I want to have.

Jer

Legend
Supporter
And you are considered to "use a platform" if you have created an account for it, and that account is still active (meaning that you can log back in if you wanted.)
I mean, that's really stretching the term "use" to its breaking point isn't it? I have a Facebook account that I'm not deleting mostly because I don't want someone to come along and perform any identity theft. I have a Tumblr account that I made at some point because of a friends Tumblr and haven't logged into in probably a decade. I have a blogspot blog I haven't touched in longer than that.

But I don't post to any of them outside of boards like enworld. And I cut myself off cold turkey from Facebook 5 years ago and Twitter 3 months ago and I think I'm in the best mental health I've been in since my 20s.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Besides Message Boards*, YouTube, LinkedIn and “Other” are the only ones for which I meet the stated criteria. The “Other” in my case would be image hosting sites.

For the record, it’s not that I’ve joined and quit other sites. I never joined those other sites/tools at all. When I interact with sites like Facebook or Reddit, I’m simply looking up information.

* and of those, there’s only 3. And I’m a mod on 2.

GreyLord

Legend
Well, lots of choices. I clicked Reddit, Discord, Tiktok and Youtube.

That will probably change in a few years. Things change quick in the media space.

People still use MySpace?

Thomas Shey

Legend
Listed YouTube, Pinterest, Discord and Facebook, though my use of the first two is almost entirely reactive (i.e. I watch the first and get images off the second).

Remove ads