Which story hours do you wish you could read, if only you had the time?

(contact)

Explorer
Re: From the depths of time...

Chesspiece said:
(contact) said "The Liberators will be taking a short hiatus..." SHORT MY ASSIMAR! That was freakin' January! (contact) come back, I need you! [begins to weep]

Okay, okay, baby. I got you. Don't cry. I'll post tonight, I promise.

And you can read it from the start, thanks to Will Smith's excellent site. Here's all you have to do:

1) Quit your job and leave your S.O., in order to free up some time.

2) Go to: http://www.rpghost.com/3eHall/toee.htm

-----

Jespo is back in the storyline full-time now. Here's a taste:

-----

While the other Liberators were smashing Iuzian forces near Dorraka, Jespo Crim has been slowly but surely teleporting Heydricus’ new followers from the Temple of Tritherion in Chendl to the mines of Cur’ruth. This day, as he makes his morning trip to Chendl, he is called into a meeting-room off Halrond’s personal wing.

There he finds Halrond, Heydricus, Prisantha, C’mine and Dabus, standing about a mantle, drinking mulled wine and exchanging stern expressions.

“If this is about my words with that Tenha, Heydricus, I will thank you to remember who voted for you to be resurrected in the Temple.” Jespo shoots a look at Prisantha. “It wasn’t unanimous, you know.”

“Jespo, do you have any family in the Marklands?” Halrond asks.

“I am an only child, sir, not that it is any business of yours. My mother passed away from grief when I enrolled in Summoners’ school, and my father is not known to me.”

“Jespo, the Iuzians are threatening to hurt our families,” Prisantha says.

“But we’re going to stop them,” Heydricus chimes in.

“The same rascals who attacked me?” Jespo asks.

“The same,” Heydricus says.

“Dastardly,” Jespo states. “Have I told you, Dabus, how I defended myself from the concentrated assault of four of the fiends?”

Dabus regards Jespo with an even gaze, and then turns to Heydricus. “If Crim can defeat four of them on his own, perhaps we should just equip Prisantha’s grandmother with an enchanted cudgel and be done with it.”

Last edited:

Evil Josef

First Post
Of course, I've really mean to get into Piratecat's story hour, but the history is a little too thick to slog through. I have, however, been keeping up with the recent ghoul battle royale. Very compelling stuff. :)

Sagiro's story hour I've read forever, though I'm lost on a few details. What the heck happened to the Wilburforce bracelet?!

There was also a story hour whose name I have forgotten and thus, fallen out of reading. The last I remember, there were bits about Air Plane pirates, unfortunate reincarnations, and hilarious discussions about gender-shifting as it pertains to bad poetry. It may be an old one from a previous board. I dunno. :)

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
> Of course, I've really mean to get into Piratecat's story hour, but the history is a little too thick to slog through.

I try to explain backstory as I go along; if I can do it better, let me know. My new players have the same problem.

> Sagiro's story hour I've read forever, though I'm lost on a few details. What the heck happened to the Wilburforce bracelet?!

We got it back from Embree while we were in Sands Edge recently... the same trip that Dranko bought turtle jerky, and that we killed the villanous sharshun in a kickass barfight. Now its sitting in the Greenhouse, waiting to be used to "travel nowhere."

> There was also a story hour whose name I have forgotten and thus, fallen out of reading. The last I remember, there were bits about Air Plane pirates, unfortunate reincarnations, and hilarious discussions about gender-shifting as it pertains to bad poetry. It may be an old one from a previous board. I dunno. :)

Ironically enough, that was (contact)'s The Risen Goddess campaign. (contact)?

Evil Josef

First Post
Thanks, Piratecat! I don't think you could explain the details of your campaign's history any better. It's more a matter of my own scattered brain than any misuse on your own part. I also missed that chunk about the bracelet, too, just to show you how well my memory works.

Also, thanks for the heads-up on the name of the story hour.

(contact)

Explorer
Evil Josef said:
There was also a story hour whose name I have forgotten and thus, fallen out of reading. The last I remember, there were bits about Air Plane pirates, unfortunate reincarnations, and hilarious discussions about gender-shifting as it pertains to bad poetry. It may be an old one from a previous board. I dunno. :)

And don't forget the d-ck jokes, lesbian kissing, satire of 60's radicalism, and a charmed giant named "Skullf--cker".

That is, in fact, the Risen Goddess story hour.

Belive it or not, there really is a massively epic story propping up all the humor: The elven pantheon is having their dirty laundry aired like some kind of a Deific Jerry Springer episode, and the PCs are the primary agents of the family's Black Sheep.

In the next few installments, Indy will abandon his revolutionary ideology and take up a new career template, and he and Kyreel are forced back into Marner, where they are Wanted by the Law!

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Re: WULF!!!

nemmerle said:
Mr. Ratbane squeaked:

Sir... I do not squeak. I readily admit that under certain conditions, I may squeal with girlish glee.

For those of you who are intimidated by its length and density I would recommend downloading the .doc version from my website and printing out portions to read at your leisure. Do you have such a version of yours, Wulf?

I don't have one handy, no. The last one I updated was complete through to the end of Nightfang Spire, which I delivered to (cntxt) at his request. (He assures me he has since appropriated it to pass off as his own work.) But my story is collected from beginning to end (unbroken by comments) at the very front of my story hour post.

Also, you seem to have couple of different ones, or am I misinformed?

Wulf's Story Hour is the chronicle of Wulf's adventures through the adventure path series, a campaign I play in. That is my "main" story hour.

Once a week, however, I run a game (in part to give my DM a chance to play) and I post player logs and DM tips from that game. It is posted under Wulf's Lazy Days Campaign. Unfortunately I don't have time to give this one the same fiction treatment that I give to my main story hour-- however my players do pretty nice logs and I like to think there are some useful DM tips there from time to time.

Oh, and who is the player who swears by “Out of the Frying Pan”?

Halma. So that is a pretty high recommendation.

But, Wulf – if you want I have a .do version of Sagiro’s I made myself that I could mail you – or upload to my server so you can DL it and read it at your leisure – that is what I did.

I think if you posted a link in the forum under a new header, many folks would appreciate that!

Can you handle the bandwidth?

Wulf

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Can you handle the bandwidth?

No. If I uploaded it I would take it back down as soon as I knew you'd DLed it.

Hmmm I wonder how many people have DLed my doc version of "Out of the Frying Pan"? Do you plan to?

Rune

Once A Fool
nemmerle said:

No. If I uploaded it I would take it back down as soon as I knew you'd DLed it.

Hmmm I wonder how many people have DLed my doc version of "Out of the Frying Pan"? Do you plan to?

Haven't yet. Plan to.

(contact)

Explorer
Wulf squeeked:
I don't have one handy, no. The last one I updated was complete through to the end of Nightfang Spire, which I delivered to (cntxt) at his request. (He assures me he has since appropriated it to pass off as his own work.)

I have. In fact, I just made the down payment on my new lexus with the signing bonus I recieved from the publisher. Thanks!

I do still have a copy of the .doc. It's 491k, and ends with this sentance: "Unburdened by conscience, Wulf stalked among the scattered, frightened young, slaughtering them to the last."

So what I'm saying is, you don't actually have to read the thing-- if you read the last sentance, you have understood the whole of it.

It's very Zen.

I'll email a copy to anyone who requests it. Get at me at cklarock@hotmail.com

Remove ads