Which story hours do you wish you could read, if only you had the time?

Rackhir

Explorer
(contact) said:
Okay, okay, baby. I got you. Don't cry. I'll post tonight, I promise.

And you can read it from the start, thanks to Will Smith's excellent site. Here's all you have to do:

1) Quit your job and leave your S.O., in order to free up some time.

2) Go to: http://www.rpghost.com/3eHall/toee.htm

Hey (contact)! Great to hear from you again! The link doesn't seem to be working though. It just shifts back to the main page.

So does this mean we might finally get some closure for the Liberators? Or is that still in Limbo (You know the Pope's just recently abolished the concept of Limbo don't you? ;) ).

Ambrus

Explorer
I'd love to be able to read Shemeska's Planescape story-hours; especially since I've recently started running my own Planescape campaign. I keep reading about how good they are and how they're a perfect example of what Planescape should be. I'm just scared by the sheer hugeness of them. :(

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
el-remmen said:
Oh, also I would love to start Old One's Faded Glory story hour from the beginning again - but alas! The beginning is gone and I when I try starting from where is available I get all sad, b/c I started it originally and never got as far as the "new" beginning - so feel like I am missing too much.
The Great Crash of 2006 taught me to write my Story Hour in Word (and back it up frequently) so that if the Story Hours ever vanish again, Midwood can reappear in its entirety the next time there's a new post (every weekday barring catastrophes, in other words).

Rackhir

Explorer
el-remmen said:
I take it you did not notice (contact)'s reply was from April of 2002? :p

Nope, just caught the 4/14 bit which if it were this year would have been recent enough. Didn't realize that it was a bit of Threadcromancy going on.

sniffles

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
The Great Crash of 2006 taught me to write my Story Hour in Word (and back it up frequently) so that if the Story Hours ever vanish again, Midwood can reappear in its entirety the next time there's a new post (every weekday barring catastrophes, in other words).
Same here. I was keeping most of them in Word, but I'd fallen behind on backing one of them up. I still haven't been able to fill in the blanks in that particular story. :(

I'd be reading Morrus's Age of Worms story hour, and Piratecat's, if only I didn't have to be at work.

Morrow

First Post
el-remmen said:
For my part, I have both Jon Potter's The Grey Companions and Morrow's Freeport series on my list. I have sampled them both and as soon as I have a break in the mid-summer from grad school I plan to give them a good read.

Well, that's unexpected. If I'd known anyone was actually going to bother to read the darn thing I might have taken a little more care, maybe even taken the time to edit once in a while.

For my part, I haven't been giving this forum sufficient attention lately. I wouldn't know where to start.

Shemeska

Adventurer
Ambrus said:
I'd love to be able to read Shemeska's Planescape story-hours; especially since I've recently started running my own Planescape campaign. I keep reading about how good they are and how they're a perfect example of what Planescape should be. I'm just scared by the sheer hugeness of them. :(

I'm really flattered, especially since it takes place post Faction War and doesn't have a major focus on those groups and their ideologies. It's probably better IMO to say that my storyhours are perhaps more planar or post-PS than classically Planescape. It's been a joy to write thus far :)

#1 is about halfway finished through its sprawling little tale of fiends and more, and #2 is (much much much shorter) just about to start its second plot arc (involving an assassination of a Bel worshipping noble on the prime).

As a guide, the tone is rather different between the two storyhours, with the second one having a group of PCs that are decidedly more morally questionable examples of heroes than the PCs from the 1st SH (although #1 is darker than #2, brutally dark at times). The first is also centered on the fiends and their internal politics, especially the 'loths and their creators, while the second is initially a lot more broad (psurlons, githyanki, insane bleakers, anubis, a vanished race of acheron, and tentacled things from beyond the ethereal deep).

Remove ads