• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which would you rather have in your party?

Which would you rather have in your party?

• Definitely the half-celestial paladin!

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Definitely the paladin and the cleric!

Votes: 93 88.6%
  • They're about equally useful.

Votes: 5 4.8%

Lord Pendragon

First Post
Which do you think would be more useful/powerful to have in your party, a 10th-level half-celestial paladin, or a 10th-level human paladin and an 8th-level cleric? Why?

Thanee

First Post
The cleric surely adds more than the half-celestial template (i.e. spellwise), and be it only extra actions and hit points. ;)

Bye
Thanee

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
The force multiplier effect of having two people is a far greater benefit. As others have already said, they can be doing two things at once.

The Souljourner

First Post
I voted for Cleric and Paladin, but that was assuming you meant ECL 10 Half Celestial Paladin. Is that accurate, or are you talking a Half Celestial Paladin 10 (ECL 14)? If the latter, I think the 4 ECL difference easily makes up for a cleric 6 levels lower.

-The Souljourner

Ridley's Cohort

First Post
In a straightforward fight, a Paladin backed by a Cleric will have 3 or 4 times as many buffs on him as the Half-Celestial Paladin (nominal ECL 14). The effectiveness in combat of the two would be quite comparable.

In unusual situations, the added actions, more HPs, and greater variety of special abilities by adding in another character is going to be more useful.

Remove ads