• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Academy Revisited, IC02

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Cappizzio takes the chain that he had removed the lock from and resecures said lock in the chin links.

Scotley

Hero
Tylara

"Perhaps we can convince Crus to teach us the spell to get the door open? Maybe the innkeep can sell us a little something to improve our odds? A fine pastry or a bottle of good wine."

Leif

Adventurer
The Lonesome Drake

Having secured the mysterious door as best they can, the Wizard re-enter the Lonesome Drake proper, and are a little bit (?) surprised to see Magus Crus seated there enjoying a big plate full of fried chicken. His back is somewhat toward you, so he doesn't seem to notice your presence.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Manny

Manny shoulders his spear and stalks into the Drake, Kási heeling him smartly. Matinik pokes his little hedgehog head out of the Brownie's beltpouch to see what's going on, then curls up and goes to sleep again.

He hops up onto a chair opposite the Magus and favors him with a friendly grin.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"We thought we'd come back here, because we seem to be having trouble being in the other place we want to be right now. So we thought a bowl of Beef 'n Barley and a conversation with your esteemed self would be the best prescription."

Leif

Adventurer
Magus Crus

"Yes, a big bowl of Boris's soup has untold healing properties! It's quite filling, too. So...what's on your mind, Manny? Oh, is that Tylara, Capizzio, and Xavier I see over there as well? You must introduce me to your new friend, too!"

Scotley

Hero
Tylara

The Elf smiles at their good fortune in finding the estimable wizard so quickly. "We were just speaking of you professor and hopeful that you could help us solve a problem. But first this is Francheska Walova."

Lou

Explorer
Francheska Walova

Smiling at Tylara and the professor, Francheska says, "Prof. Crus, how lovely to meet you in person. I am looking forward to expanding my arcane training at Whirtlestaff's."

Leif

Adventurer
Magus Crus

The Magus looks flustered and has a bit of trouble getting his soup to go down the correct pipe. "Ahem..hem..hm...ahh" he sputters, "Professor, is it now? Why I haven't been called 'Professor' in more years than...." seeing Francheska's ears, he reconsiders, "Well...not in a very long time as humans count years, anyway." He continues, "And, my dear elf, here it is not clear if Magus Crus is referring to Tylara, Francheska, or both of you, "my tenure as a professor at Whirtlestaff's has long since lapsed, I'm afraid. But..... I do have some small influence over certain of the current faculty, come to think of it. Tell you what, when you are ready to go back to the Whirtlestaff's campus, come see me, and I will write up a nice letter of introduction and recommendation for you. Hmmm, evidently he was talking to Francheska, I guess? "Yes, I'll do that for you all, because we can't have them thinking that you've been engaged in frivolous, flighty pursuits while you've been here in Quail Valley, can we?"

Last edited:

Remove ads