Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Academy Revisited, IC02

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Kerlan sighs and begins walking toward the cave in. "I'm not very strong but growing up on a farm I'm used to hard work. I think we can do this ourselves. Capizzio can you give me some pointers on this? You said you had some experience with this did you not?" Kerlan then begins moving some of the rocks out of the way, being careful not to trigger a rock slide.

Leif

Adventurer
Kerlan starts working while the rest of the wizards are just standing there and watching. Kerlan begins to construct a row of rubble along each wall, leaving the center portion of the passageway unobstructed. (Or so I assume? Let me know if this is unsatisfactory.) How about it, Capizzio? Going to let this 'farm boy' show you up? :D

Scotley

Hero
Tylara

While the others work, Tylara will look about for any useful tools that might be in the junk they found in the cavern or perhaps in the orc tombs thinking maybe tomb raiders abandoned some of their tools to carry off loot.

Leif

Adventurer
Sure, why not?

Tylara sees a few fairly sturdy pickaxes that seem to have been discarded behind a large rock. They will speed the rubble-clearing process considerably. ;) (OOC: Good idea, Scotley! Lazy as hell, but good! ;) )

renau1g

First Post
Xavier will sigh audibly as the others dismiss the idea of getting help to aid their efforts. He concentrates momentarily and a softly glowing hand appears and begins lifting up and small-ish looking rocks.

[sblock=OOC]
Cast Mage Hand, concentrating on it to keep it maintained as long as required.

Xavier's even lazier than Tylara ;)
[/sblock]

[sblock=stats]
29/29 hp (11 temp), 16 AC, F/R/W: +3/+3/+7, DR 2/cold iron

0 - Arcane Mark, Ghost Sound*, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand
1st - Mage Armour, Grease, Ray of Clumsiness, Net of Shadows*, Magic Missile
2nd - False Life, Ice Knife, PHANTASMAL ASSAILANTS*, Mirror Image*
3rd - Shadow Binding*, Acid Breath, Invisibilty Sphere*
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Manny

Manny sets to work with a will, liftin' and totin', making sure to stay well clear of the feet of his larger companions (and out from under the rocks they are moving).

Leif

Adventurer
About an hour later, the wizards have made a sizeable dent in the rubble. By just clearing enough room to walk and pushing the rubble towards the walls, the wizards clear a passable path in about 2 hours. Then, a door is uncovered. Carved into the stone above the door is a single word: "Turbish." Anyone who speaks orc recognizes this as a proper name, probably male. There is a lock on the door, but it does not appear to be latched. The door, try as you might, however, will not open. Putting their heads together, the wizards are able to determine that the door is held by an arcane lock. (I won't make you roll a skill check for this, in part because it's pretty obvious, and in part because, as wizards, you can just kinda figure what's going on here.)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
OOC: Sorry guys, long work day. just got home about 7:30 and had to soak in epsonsalt bath immediately. and no, Cappizzio would be getting just as dirty as farm bow would be as well as directing the work to prevent a cave in

looking at the door Cappizzio stands with one hand pulling at a non-existant beard for a few minutes then says," I feel that i woul rather try to open that door after i have had a bit of time to research my spells. we need to get back to boris and relock his basement door in my opinion."

Remove ads