• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Academy Revisited, IC02

KerlanRayne

Explorer
"Anybody got a knock spell handy?"
"I don't think any of us know that spell, unfortunately." A spark appears in Kerlan's eye as an idea comes to him. "I do have two scrolls that we found. I haven't looked them over yet, so I don't know what spells are on them. We might just gety lucky." Kerlan takes out the two scrolls found on the sorceress and casts Read Magic to determine their contents.

Leif

Adventurer
Only one of the scrolls that Uela the Goblin Sorceress had is arcane in nature. The other one, if you'll remember, was a letter to someone named Kersux. The arcane scroll has three spells: Magic Missile twice, and Burning Hands all three spells are CL5.

Last edited:

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Kerlan finishes scanning the scroll and looks disappointed. "No, these are Magic Missile and Burning Hands. I shouldn't be surprised though, if she had a Knock scroll then she would have used it on the door instead of forcing Torbin and Korbin to dig that tunnel. I guess we'll have to talk to Magus Crus about it, if he's still in town. Unless someone has a Dispel prepared?" Kerlan looks around questioningly.

OOC: Is Crus in town?

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Magus Crus

OOC: The Magus was in town the last time you checked. But that doesn't really mean anything for someone who can fly, teleport, or plane shift, now does it? ;)

Leif

Adventurer
The Six Intrepid Wizards, having reached an apparent impasse, almost unanimously decide that they have gone as far as they are able to do at present, and hope that they can catch Magus Crus before he returns to Twain. They return to the basement of the Lonesome Drake. (Any precuations regarding the door before you go and tell Boris what you found in his basement and what your plan is now?)

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Kerlan beats his hand on the Arcane Locked door. "It seems to be very solid. It would take a lot of damage to bring it down. I think it would be better to just remove the Lock." Kerlan moves back into the cellar with the others. Closing the door, he also bolts it behind them. "I think we should speak to Magus Crus first, about opening the other door, and securing this door. Boris will have to wait."

Remove ads