Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Academy Revisited, OOC01

Leif

Adventurer
Kerlan, your hp don't look right to me. Remember, we're using the fixed hit point rule, so you shouldn't have gained 4 for any of your wizard levels, since you wisely took your Beguiler level first. Your hp should be 6+3+3+3+con(8)=23

(You only get max hit points for your first CHARACTER level, no many how many classes you have.)

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Leif said:
Kerlan, your hp don't look right to me. Remember, we're using the fixed hit point rule, so you shouldn't have gained 4 for any of your wizard levels, since you wisely took your Beguiler level first. Your hp should be 6+3+3+3+con(8)=23

(You only get max hit points for your first CHARACTER level, no many how many classes you have.)
That was what I rolled for HP in the last game. I'll update it.

Hey, just a few things I noticed. Most of the sheets are still in progress, as is mine, so this is just a friendly reminder. Feel free to ignore me.

renau1g: A Hail of Stone scroll will cost more than 25 gp due to the expensive material component.

Scotley: I know your post says it will change, but you have a lot more spells than you are supposed to. You haven't paid to scribe any yet and we haven't shared spells yet. Your BAB should only be +1. I'm not sure you can craft a masterwork bow with only +8 bonus. You can't reach the DC 20 while taking 10. If we can, then I'll craft some stuff too. Also we can't use MIC items yet. I wish we could though, there are some great cheap items in there.

Mowgli: I'm guessing that the blue spells on your list are the scrolls and are not in your spellbook. What is the M column for? Some spells have a 1 there and others, nothing. Also, I see you have a Spell like ability for Continual Flame. Uhhh, free continual torches for everyone!!!! Maybe?

Scott DeWar: You also have way too many spells. Also, your ability scores need to be 32 point buy now, which will change just about everything else.

Leif: So we'll be paying full price for everything? No free scroll scribing or free spell swapping? What about the craft skill issue with Tylara?

KerlanRayne

renau1g

First Post
KerlanRayne said:
renau1g: A Hail of Stone scroll will cost more than 25 gp due to the expensive material component.

Thanks! I'll deduct the 5gp for the material component (that is how it works right?)

Scotley

Hero
KerlanRayne said:
Scotley: I know your post says it will change, but you have a lot more spells than you are supposed to. You haven't paid to scribe any yet and we haven't shared spells yet. Your BAB should only be +1. I'm not sure you can craft a masterwork bow with only +8 bonus. You can't reach the DC 20 while taking 10. If we can, then I'll craft some stuff too. Also we can't use MIC items yet. I wish we could though, there are some great cheap items in there.
KerlanRayne

As noted in my post, gear, skills and spells are from a previous iteration of the character and will be changed.

As for the BAB, Druid level one is .75 and Wizard level three is 1.5 for a total of 2.25.

Leif

Adventurer
KerlanRayne said:
That was what I rolled for HP in the last game. I'll update it.

Hey, just a few things I noticed. Most of the sheets are still in progress, as is mine, so this is just a friendly reminder. Feel free to ignore me.

Mowgli: I'm guessing that the blue spells on your list are the scrolls and are not in your spellbook. What is the M column for? Some spells have a 1 there and others, nothing. Also, I see you have a Spell like ability for Continual Flame. Uhhh, free continual torches for everyone!!!! Maybe?

Scott DeWar: You also have way too many spells. Also, your ability scores need to be 32 point buy now, which will change just about everything else.
Wow....Dang.....Our Very Own Little Character Cop? :D

KerlanRayne said:
Leif: So we'll be paying full price for everything? No free scroll scribing or free spell swapping? What about the craft skill issue with Tylara?
KerlanRayne
Characters will pay full price for everything that they have at the start. No free scroll scribing or spell swapping before the game starts. You can swap to your heart's content once we start. As long as you pay for the ink and other supplies. Same goes for crafted items -- you must pay the full gp price if you want them at the start. (So, obviously, if you have craft item feats, you migt be well-advised to wait until we start, and then do your crafting. You might want to wait until you gain some xp, though.) As to Mowgli's spell list, He already has my approval. I believe the "M" column is for how many times he has MEMORIZED the spell. Some of those (maybe the blue ones?) are scrolls that he paid book price for. This is perfectly ok.

Leif

Adventurer
Scotley said:
As for the BAB, Druid level one is .75 and Wizard level three is 1.5 for a total of 2.25.
Not according to MY ph! Druid1 1 is ZERO. Wizard3 is +1. Tylara's total BAB according to the ph, is +1.

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
KerlanRayne said:

Manny will be happy to provide torches, etc. We can be a very well lit party! However, he's limited to one of each of those abilities per day, so it will take a few days to get one for everyone.

The 'M' column is for how many of each particular spell he has memorized (or in the case of scrolls simply a notation that it is a scroll. However, now that I think about it - since the fact that it's a scroll and not a memorized spell is indicated by the blue print, I may change that notation to indicate the number of scrolls of that spell. Of course, once Manny learns those spells, I'll have to use a different system anyway to keep track of scrolls of spells he's already learned. Or something like that . . . I'm so confused . . . what day is it . . .

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Book Learnin' 101

Leif (or anyone else who knows right off hand, I guess):

Can Manny use some of his time on the boat to start transcribing those spells and learning them? I don't know the requirements as far as time, materials, etc. since I don't usually play wizards, but I think I recall something about special inks/materials . . .

Remove ads