• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Academy Revisited, OOC01

Shayuri

First Post
Wow. I spend one day trying to get home for Christmas, and the game nearly tanks.

Yes. A whole day.

Flight delayed. THen canceled. Then rented car...drove until 1:30 in the morning.

...long story.

Still don't have baggage.

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Hey who, besides Tylara, would trade spells with me. Anyone can copy my spells, even if you don't offer anything in return. Kerlan likes to share knowledge.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
KerlanRayne said:
Hey who, besides Tylara, would trade spells with me. Anyone can copy my spells, even if you don't offer anything in return. Kerlan likes to share knowledge.

capizzio would trade with any and all within the cabal of friends...yes even grumblebelly!, but especiaaly with the gnome...call it the gee-nome chain!

just let me know if i can copy from you is all i ask...trade freely, right?

Shayuri

First Post
Re: Spells - Yes, Alex would have no reason not to share spells with anyone willing to share with her.

Re: Travel woes - THanks all, things are working out fine now...hopefully the baggage will be here soon. It's not lost, just delayed. ;)

Leif...I'd like to bring something up regarding a particular trend I've noted in your posts so far. You seem to have a tendency to include PC reactions and internal monologues in your narrations, even when the player of the PC in question hasn't posted anything remotely suggesting those responses. You did it to me once, then to another few later.

I hope it's just because you were, for some reason, just in a very big rush and didn't want to pause to wait for players to post. For the moment, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that's why.

Regardless, and speaking only for myself, I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't put words into my character's mouth, or tell me what she's doing or thinking. You tell me what's happening, I tell you how my character reacts. I don't mind if you inject asides where my character would reasonably have knowledge of something I don't, so long as it's a passive thing like "Alex knows that the touch of the Flaming Arseberry causes hemorrhoids," as opposed to, "Alex says, 'Don't touch it, that'll cause hemorrhoids!'" :)

Leif

Adventurer
Shayuri said:
Leif...I'd like to bring something up regarding a particular trend I've noted in your posts so far. You seem to have a tendency to include PC reactions and internal monologues in your narrations, even when the player of the PC in question hasn't posted anything remotely suggesting those responses. You did it to me once, then to another few later.

I hope it's just because you were, for some reason, just in a very big rush and didn't want to pause to wait for players to post. For the moment, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that's why.

Regardless, and speaking only for myself, I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't put words into my character's mouth, or tell me what she's doing or thinking. You tell me what's happening, I tell you how my character reacts. I don't mind if you inject asides where my character would reasonably have knowledge of something I don't, so long as it's a passive thing like "Alex knows that the touch of the Flaming Arseberry causes hemorrhoids," as opposed to, "Alex says, 'Don't touch it, that'll cause hemorrhoids!'" :)
Ok, fair enough. Yes, you're quite right, I have freely taken such liberties with NUMEROUS characters in this and other threads, and I now apologize for it profusely. I'd ask each of you to forgive me, but there's no way that I could remember everyone that I've done this to. I'm still trying to figure out what I'm doing as a DM here, obviously. Maybe Alex has a spell that will inflict hemorrhoids upon the DM? I PROMISE that this would get my attention IMMEDIATELY. (ouch!)

Now, not telling you what Alexandra is thinking sometimes.... how exactly do I avoid that? Ok, think I have it -- I give you the underlying memory or whatever, and let you draw the conclusion? Ok, I can do that. Thanks for the tip! Please try to bear with me while I implement it, ok?

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads