• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Whistle blower says non-human bodies recovered from crash

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
I haven't found a compelling reason to believe in aliens in general, much less these "aliens" in particular.

"But infinite space means infinite possibilities!" "But but but the odds! The probability!" Yeah yeah, wake me when you've found actual aliens; I'm not really interested in the probable and possible ones.

Last edited:

Ryujin

Legend
There's a standard I like to apply when evaluation claims that are outrageous: if this guy used the same evidence to prove the existence of Atlantis, would it convince me?

"I have documents, but I can't show them to you. Also, someone trustworthy told me about it. Trust me."

Not enough for me, I'm afraid.
Right up there with, "I found some gold plates with alien writing on them, in the Yucatan, but went back and couldn't find the place where I found them."

Mad_Jack

Legend
Non-human bodies, eh? Okay, okay...let's give this fellow the benefit of the doubt.

The most generous and charitable explanation that I can come up with is: this wouldn't be the first time that animals were used as test pilots. And if someone were testing their experimental aircraft with animals, I can understand why they would need to cover it up: it would be a PR nightmare if word got out.

But it's quite a leap to go from "I couldn't identify what I saw" all the way to "it can only be alien creatures from another planet."

Hey, whatever happened to that monkey the Russians sent into space? :p

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I haven't found a compelling reason to believe in aliens in general, much less these "aliens" in particular.

"But infinite space means infinite possibilities!" "But but but the odds! The probability!" Yeah yeah, wake me when you've found actual aliens; I'm not really interested in the probable and possible ones.
Well, believing in the probability and being interested in the probability are two different things.

Yora

Legend
I'm a firm believer in alien life… but I am not convinced they have visited us. I'd be happy to be wrong, but nothing has convinced me yet.
Because of the scale of the universe, I feel convinced that the probability of many inhabited planets must be close to 100%.
And because of the scale of the universe, I feel the probability of any one intelligent species getting any form of contact with another is probably close to 0%.

(Surely intelligent species learning of each other must happen somewhere in the universe at some point. But the chance that we will be one of the very few this happens to is probably really low.)

Remove ads