Who do you trust for game reviews?

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
It used to gamespot.com. I typically compared their review to the overly enthusiastic and forgiving IGN review and went from there. I still read their reviews but don't put nearly as much stock in them after the the Jeff Gerstmann fiasco and Greg Kasavin leaving the site (not to mention many of the other editors they worked with) has taken a few steps back in quality.

Giantbomb.com is fair and has plenty of opinions to go around not to mention lots of the former gamespot.com employees working their and producing material.

Ditto! I loved gamespot until the Gerstmann incident. I also do check out the reviews from gametrailers.com.

Blue Sky

Explorer
Do you exclusively go for new games, or do you like to wait a bit after it's out before buying? Gamestop stores have a deal where if you buy a used console game, you can bring it back within a week to apply full credit to another used game, no questions asked. I'm okay with only playing a game a couple of times before deciding I don't like it, so YMMV if you like to give a game a good, deep run before deciding on it.

Otherwise, I go to IGN, but more because I like reading about games I'm interested in, and less for reviews.

Remove ads