D&D General Who else owned the Official D&D Soundtrack from Midnight Syndicate?

Did you own it?

• Still do!

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • I used to!

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Never had it!

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Never had it, but I want it!

Votes: 2 6.1%

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I see your The Riddle of the Runes and raise you Scourge of Worlds, an even more obscure interactive film product! I still have both of those, as well as the Midnight Syndicate soundtrack and the original First Quest vinyl record.
Wow I haven't thought about Scourge of Worlds in a long time! I need to break that out again, for my own amusement.

Though I still can't ever seem to find the special edition of it, with some extra content, that I occasionally see referenced. :unsure:

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Though I still can't ever seem to find the special edition of it, with some extra content, that I occasionally see referenced. :unsure:
I have that version. It has a second "Bonus Disc" which is apparently ±48 min in duration. I don't have a copy of the not-so-special edition to compare, but I can see what's on that bonus disc.

Aside: This thread prompted me to finally spend a few hours copying the contents of all of the D&D CD-ROMs (and there were a lot more than I remembered there being) onto my hard drive while I still have an external CD drive, so thanks for that.

Second aside: I had to look hard to find that Scourge of Worlds Special Edition set, but on the plus side, when I found it, it was at the bottom of a draw next to the AD&D Fighting Wheel which I've previously unsuccessfully looked for several times in the last couple of years, so thanks for that too!

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
I suppose you have all the Terror Trax? (We don't talk about Dragon Strike, though)
I don't have any of the Terror Trax or Dragon Strike. For the most part, my collection contains very few TSR releases that weren't specifically D&D products.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Doh! I still have my Scourge DVD, but I was not aware of the vinyl record!

I suppose you have all the Terror Trax? (We don't talk about Dragon Strike, though)
I'm happy to say that I have both, although the miniatures in my copy of Dragonstrike are beaten all to hell. I recall that I have the audio CD versions of the Terror Tax "Track of the Vampire" and "Track of the Werewolf," but I'm not sure if I could locate them now. (It doesn't help that I also had an audio "sampler" CD that I think came out in Dragon around that time which had bits and pieces from several CR products that TSR was releasing at the time.)

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I have that version. It has a second "Bonus Disc" which is apparently ±48 min in duration. I don't have a copy of the not-so-special edition to compare, but I can see what's on that bonus disc.
I confess that I'm curious. I seem to recall that it was supposed to have two additional endings (bringing the total to six), but that's about all I can recall.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
I confess that I'm curious. I seem to recall that it was supposed to have two additional endings (bringing the total to six), but that's about all I can recall.
Scourge of Worlds Special Edition Disc 2 has a menu with four items.​
  1. A Trivia Game requires you to answer five multiple choice trivia questions about the plot of Scourge of Worlds to unlock three bonus scenes. The scenes are Regdar arm-wrestling in a tavern, a wolf pack attacking the party in a temple, and a scene in which a dragon is summoned and kills everyone.​
  2. Behind the Scenes goes to a list of various behind the scenes interviews with the production team.​
  3. Gallery leads to a menu of annotated images and animations of various people and monsters plus a map.​
  4. Linear Movie seems to be one path through the game presented as a 48-minute animated movie. (I did not watch it all.)​
Here endeth the Scourge of Worlds-bonus-feature-guide hijack of a thread about a completely different disc.​

Remove ads