D&D General Who else owned the Official D&D Soundtrack from Midnight Syndicate?

Did you own it?

• Still do!

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • I used to!

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Never had it!

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Never had it, but I want it!

Votes: 2 6.1%

Stormonu

Legend
Not music, but a couple other audio CDs/DVDs from back in the day:

Player's Primer to the Outlands
Light in the Belfry (Ravenloft Adventure)
Red Steel/Savage Baronies (there were 2 box sets that contained CDs - I think both had music on them, one also had an adventure intro)
Glantri/Karameikos (Mystara gazetters, they had some music and adventure-related tracks)
Mark of Amber (Mystara adventure, some music and adventure-related tracks)
Sharn - City of Towers (Eberron, mentioned above with some great music)
Introduction to (2nd Edition) Advanced Dungeons & Dragons (2 versions with a different second adventure, both had a CD with adventure-related tracks) <edit> This may have been called "First Quest"
Dragon Strike (mentioned above, Introduction/Story DVD)
Scourge of Worlds (Choose-your-own-adventure DVD)
Terror Trax (3? Choose-your-own-adventure audio CDs)
<missed>Hail the Heroes (Mystara, some music and adventure-related tracks)
<missed>Night of the Vampire (Mystara, some music and adventure-related tracks)
Most of these audio tracks I believe you get as MP3s with the PDF off Drive-Thru RPG (or at least used to) or off the old Wizards site.

Any I missed?

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Glantri/Karameikos (Mystara gazetters, they had some music and adventure-related tracks)
Also for Mystara, the adventures Night of the Vampire and Hail the Heroes.
Introduction to (2nd Edition) Advanced Dungeons & Dragons (2 versions with a different second adventure, both had a CD with adventure-related tracks)
Both the First Quest and Introduction to AD&D versions have exactly the same CD. More precisely, the 60 tracks on the CD are identical even though the CD cover is different.
Most of these audio tracks I believe you get as MP3s with the PDF off Drive-Thru RPG (or at least used to) or off the old Wizards site.
I think more of the PDF versions don't include audio files than do.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Terror Trax (3? Choose-your-own-adventure audio CDs)
I'm fairly confident that there were video versions of these as well; CD-ROM games I believe.

The protagonist in them was actually the same guy who played the Fighter character in Dragonstrike, being "Malibu" from American Gladiators.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
For a certain definition of "owned"
I owned an FLGS for most of 3rd edition. 3/3.5 sold great. We sold everything D20 and 3e there. To sell the things, the store had to "own" the product, I sold nothing on consignment (that I recall, it was ~20+ years ago)

So, I'm sure I "owned" this product - but I doubt I actually "owned" it personally in my own collection as I played exactly zero 3e myself

TheGlen

Explorer
If you are even partially fluent in French, do not listen to this CD. Which is hilarious as Bruce Heard, the former Mystara head at TSR is a native French speaker. As soon as he left, TSR inflicted one of the biggest linguistic crimes in gaming history.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
If you are even partially fluent in French, do not listen to this CD. Which is hilarious as Bruce Heard, the former Mystara head at TSR is a native French speaker. As soon as he left, TSR inflicted one of the biggest linguistic crimes in gaming history.
Please spill the (French) tea!

TheGlen

Explorer
Please spill the (French) tea!
The voice acting is très mauvais. There's a guy doing a Peter Lorre accent, almost everybody sounds like Parisian waiter. All the French I learned is Cajun and the cd is still painful to listen to. All the tracks are on YouTube if you need some quick penance.

Last edited:

Remove ads