• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Who's from the UK?

MonsterMash

First Post
Are there really only 42 of us out of nearly 18000 registered users? (actually I know that there are some more that haven't declared themselves, with a distinct southern residence bias so far.

Zander

Explorer
London gamer here. Management consultant by day. Have been gaming for 22 years.

Mad about minis, dice and European arms & armour (note correct spelling). :p

In Tokyo for a few weeks. Just purchased Warlock of Firetop Mountain scenario in Japanese!

Have lived in both the US and Japan before and have gamed in both. Have been to games stores in over a dozen countries.

How is it that Games Workshop plastic minis are cheaper in Tokyo than London? :confused:

Pinotage

Explorer
DragonLancer said:
I'll be quite pleased if someone has managed to reopen the place. Thats good news, otherwise Cambridge didn't have a games shop. I just hope its not the same guys who let it crash and burn a little while ago.

Well, if can get to Cambridge over the weekend I'll take a stroll there and see if I've been daydreaming or not. :)

Pinotage

Neo

Explorer
I am Mark Howe, a.k.a Neo (not a matrix reference I might add), I am 31 years of age (32 in June), I live in Sheffield and although I have lived in many cities throughout the north, south and east of England I am a yorkshireman born and bred and currently back in Yorkshire.
I'm I.T trained and also currently a student and through some cruel twist of fate currently back living with my folks <sigh>.. My pride and joy is my faithful Border Collie Cross dog. I love to read or watch anything fantasy or sci fi related and always have... I dont smoke but I do drink occasionally.

As anyone who knows me will attest to I am a dedicated roleplayer who loves the hobby and all it brings and has given to me. I take great pride in DMing for my friends, our current groups has been together for most of them for over a decade and our weekly gaming session (used to play twice a week but currently not doable) remains somethign we all look forward too. We try to fit an extra game wherever we can too..odd weekends and so forth as possible.

I also along with my group playtest extensively and have written a number of articles and so forth that have ended up in print... latest of which being Librum Equitus 4: Sidhe Kin, for E.N Publishing

first started Roleplaying with my brother while we were living in Canada (outside a little town called Sexsmith (sp?) in Alberta) some 24 ..nearly 25 years ago.. we started on AD&D 1st edition (original cover versions) and later with Gamma World (1st or 2nd ed..not sure)

Last edited:

RichGreen

Adventurer
HalfOrc HalfBiscuit said:
I would have said that a significant number seem to have emigrated to Peckham ... ;)

I live in Peckham and have not seen any orcs recently, although we do hear some very strange noises at night.

Cheers

Richard

DragonLancer

Adventurer
Pinotage said:
Well, if can get to Cambridge over the weekend I'll take a stroll there and see if I've been daydreaming or not. :)

Pinotage

Aye. Let us know. Although I have a great FLGS here in St. Neots (Gamers), I'd like to know if the shop in Cambridge has risen from its grave again. :)

paz

First Post
Hello everyone,

I live in Ellesmere Port in Cheshire, and work in North Wales, doing IT for a major multinational.

I'm originally from Derby; I wonder if Deadguy is a football fan ;) (Super Rams!)

I've been playing D&D since I was 13, which was 13 years ago... I got into it through Heroquest and Advanced Fighting Fantasy, with a side trek into Games Workshop games.

I play in a gaming group every Thursday evening. We're currently playing Traveller but we switch between different campaigns fairly frequently; I DM the D&D game (Forgotten Realms at the moment, but I'm subtly hinting at running a Midnight game soon.)

Bagpuss said:
Living on the Wirral, that's just across the Mersey from Liverpool
Whereabouts on the Wirral are you? I lived in New Brighton for about a year.

paz

Last edited:

Ranes

Adventurer
I was born forty years ago, in Manchester. My only age worry is not making it to 41. Currently I live in Worcestershire but may be moving to Spain fairly soon.

I've been gaming since '77 and working in the games industry since '83. I had to put my D&D game on hold last November but I can't complain, because a suspended campaign means I'm busy.

Off topic and on accents: I once heard an interview on the radio with a lady who trained actors to speak with accents different to their own. The key to believability and consistency, she said, was not imitation but mouth shape. Want a Manchester accent? Try speaking with an English letterbox-shaped mouth. Australian? Keep your teeth together (it stops the flies from getting in). I wish I could remember more.

Pigeon

First Post
Host of Angels said:
So, why are nearly all of the folk replying to Morrus from the softie south? Where are all the Northern gamers?

It does seem that ENworld is full of southern jessies.

I'm from Huddersfield and have been gaming for about 10 years now. I'm married with a one year old daughter and work as a psyciatric nurse.

My NPC's tend to have either yorkshire or irish accents, which is all I seem able to do. I can do a comedy french accent ("you son of a motherless goat") but never can keep it up for long.

Remove ads