• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Whose Enjoyment Matters Most?

Who deserves priority when it comes to game enjoyment?

• The GM

Votes: 22 4.9%
  • The Players

Votes: 50 11.2%
  • Everyone Equally

Votes: 338 76.0%
  • Me

Votes: 35 7.9%

Ruavel

First Post
Everyone equally...

If the players aren't having a good time, the DM is going to find him/herself without any players soon enough...

If the DM ain't having fun, the players are going to wind up without characters or a game to play...

:)

The Hound

Explorer
The players.

I consider it my sacred duty as a Game Master to make sure my players are having fun playing in may campaign. It is also in my own best interest. If they don't have fun, they won't be playing in my game anymore, and then I won't have the fun of running my campaign!

diaglo

Adventurer
i'm there to have fun.

life is too short to play crappy rpgs.

if i'm not having fun. i try to figure out why. if i can fix it. i try. if i can't fix it. i'm outta there.

this is a group game. it is meant for everyone to contribute. small or large. if everyone is contributing and having fun then it is working.

if not, then some questions need to be asked and answered.

edit: i voted everyone is equally to blame

Last edited:

sniffles

First Post
I voted for everyone equally. I believe roleplaying is a collaborative effort. You can't have a game without players, and you can't have a traditional RPG without a GM, so everyone's needs and desires are equally important.

Peter Gibbons

First Post
The Thayan Menace said:
You're recruiting members for your local gaming group. Who is easier to find?

A good DM ... or a good player?
Ironically, I think it's harder to find good players. Maybe it's because good DMs tend to also be good players (though there are exceptions). Or maybe it's because I'm a good DM, so it always seems like I'm looking for good players. ;)

frankthedm

First Post
The DM. If the DM does not enjoy running the game, there is no game. A Game run by someone who would rather be a player because no one wants to DM often has a short life span.

A DM who unjustifiably uses player characters as punching bags won’t have a game last long either.

Whisper72

Explorer
Well, in the end everyone should be having fun, but similar to trickle down economics, if the DM aint' having fun, chances are slim the players will have fun in the long run, but with players having fun but the DM not, the campaign is quickly busted....

so I voted DM.

Remove ads