• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Why aren't bullywugs a PC race in 5E?

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Perhaps they want to "keep it" as an "always evil" race?

"Always hungry and thoroughly evil, bullywugs overwhelm opponents with superior numbers when they can, but they flee from serious threats to search for easier prey."

the other "frog people" are not so unfriendly

Mecheon

Sacabambaspis
There's a massive list of stuff that used to be playable that hasn't been brought back so far so there's no anti-Bullywug conspiracy. Just, they haven't been made playable yet

JEB

Legend
There's a massive list of stuff that used to be playable that hasn't been brought back so far so there's no anti-Bullywug conspiracy. Just, they haven't been made playable yet
That's just what someone involved in the anti-bullywug conspiracy would say.

(Seriously, though, I get it; it's just the number of near misses that strikes me.)

JEB

Legend
I mean, yeah Bullywugs would be nice, but I just refluff the Grung to be Bullywugs/Gripplis mostly. It's the easiest way to do it at this point.
Out of curiosity, what do you replace the grungs' poison with? Or do you just have poisonous bullywugs and grippli, too?

Mecheon

Sacabambaspis
(Seriously, though, I get it; it's just the number of near misses that strikes me.)
I waited my long, long time for Thri-Kreen, so its a pain I understand

just so many

do it, WotC. put me in charge. I'll just release the book of "So you want the stranger races". it'll be great. Grippli, Bullywugs, Aranea, Desmodu, Weimics, they'll all be there.

Khelon Testudo

Cleric of Stronmaus
Current anthro races:
birds
crows
tortoises
cats
hares
hippos
lions
elephants
dragons
lizards
mantis

possible gaps:
dogs, fish, rhinos, frogs, horses, kangaroos, moths, spiders, wombats...

Remove ads