• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Why can't I see spoilers?

Enchantress

First Post
I've noticed that in certain threads some of the messages won't show up. They're just blacked out. I think that their spoilers, but I don't want this to show up. It didn't used to, how do I fix it so that I don't see blacked out replies?

bodhi

First Post
Enchantress said:
I've noticed that in certain threads some of the messages won't show up. They're just blacked out. I think that their spoilers, but I don't want this to show up. It didn't used to, how do I fix it so that I don't see blacked out replies?

Click and drag to highlight the text of the spoiler. So click here
(see the hidden text)
and drag to here. At least, that works with contrasting colors set in your browser.

Enchantress

First Post
bodhi said:
Click and drag to highlight the text of the spoiler. So click here
(see the hidden text)
and drag to here. At least, that works with contrasting colors set in your browser.

Ok, that worked, but why is it there in the first place?

Pseudonym

Ivan Alias
Enchantress said:
Ok, that worked, but why is it there in the first place?
That would be the "
" tag. As far as I know, if someone puts that in their post, there is no way to disable that on your end.

Last edited:

Enchantress

First Post
Pseudonym said:
That would be the "
" tag. As far as I know, if someone puts that in their post, there is no way to disable that on your end.
Someone puts that in their post? how would they do that?

Staffan

Legend
The spoiler tag has been around for a while - over a year, I think. It's meant to hide spoilers - that is, information about books/movies/adventures/whatever so people who wish to remain in the dark about plot points can do so. As an example, here's a spoiler for The Empire Strikes Back:
Darth Vader is Luke's father.

That particular one is old news, since it's from a 20-year old movie, but you can see how someone would be upset if ESB had been a new movie and someone just plastered that all over the boards before you had seen it, right?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads