Why does Mars always rebel?

tzor

First Post
shilsen said:
Because it's the only planet (bar Earth) with one syllable in its name. When you write a book about Mars revolting instead of Jupiter, you save a ton of money on ink and space.
Well you could, but I don't think people would get the title of, "Rebels, by Jove."

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Laman Stahros said:
Warhammer 40K breaks that pattern. There is always one. :lol:
Yeah I've always thought it really cool how the legions of Mars are the strongest and most loyal of the Emperors allies (if you don't count the massive pre-Heresy Ultramarine force). :cool:

dagger

Adventurer
We tried to tell him not to go to Mars...

arnie1.jpg

Wilphe

Adventurer
Uder said:
It's early, but I'm having a hard time thinking of even a single colony in history that didn't at least try to rebel. I'm sure there must've been a few that were wiped out before the idea came up...

Well, you would be hard pressed, because no matter what government you have somebdoy won't like it and will try to overthrow it. That's true whether you are a monarchy, colony, republic or anarco-synidcalist commune.

Whether said rebels have any real support or not is another matter...

Wilphe

Adventurer
I'll also go out on a limb and say that most Sci-Fi is writing by Americans, who are more or less pre-disposed to idealize colonial rebellion as both invetible and desireable.

Australian designed sci-fi would merely involve the colonies becoming really good at sport, but that's not much of a story

Remove ads