Why modern movies suck - they teach us awful lessons

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
It was a bit of a shock to the system seeing Spock in reruns of "Combat!", in the late '60s :ROFLMAO:
It's odd seeing some of the cast as villains in old westerns too...
There was an episode of Bonanza where Ricardo Montalban played a Native American and Madlyn Rhue played his wife. This was 1960, seven years before she would play Lt. Marla McGivers and he would play Khan Noonian Singh on Star Trek. I wonder if one of them recommended the casting of the other? :unsure: Or maybe it was just a small circle of actors for TV in the 1960s?

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
There was an episode of Bonanza where Ricardo Montalban played a Native American and Madlyn Rhue played his wife. This was 1960, seven years before she would play Lt. Marla McGivers and he would play Khan Noonian Singh on Star Trek. I wonder if one of them recommended the casting of the other? :unsure: Or maybe it was just a small circle of actors for TV in the 1960s?
I don’t think I’d say it was a small circle, but even a fairly large pool of character actors is likely to have repeated pairings given enough shows. That said, it’s possible someone in casting knew they had worked well together, which might have increased the likelihood of a repeated pairing.

The episode of The Man from UNCLE that had both Leonard Nimoy and William Shatner blew me away.

Remove ads