Summer Movies

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Jesus, The Flash is making the D&D movie look good. "‘THE FLASH’ is tracking to earn $14M at its second domestic box office weekend, a 75% drop compared to last weekend. This is the highest drop EVER for a superhero movie at the domestic box office. "

Stalker0

Legend
Jesus, The Flash is making the D&D movie look good. "‘THE FLASH’ is tracking to earn $14M at its second domestic box office weekend, a 75% drop compared to last weekend. This is the highest drop EVER for a superhero movie at the domestic box office. "
Yeah my guess is everyone who went first weekend were the comic diehards. Everyone else was "yeah screw Ezra Miller I'm out".

I mean the movie honestly was pretty decent, way better than many other superhero movies out there, so I don't think the movie itself can explain the drop.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Yeah my guess is everyone who went first weekend were the comic diehards. Everyone else was "yeah screw Ezra Miller I'm out".

I mean the movie honestly was pretty decent, way better than many other superhero movies out there, so I don't think the movie itself can explain the drop.
I also think the multiverse stuff is getting played out. Add DC rep on top plus all the reset with Gunn. There is a lot tanking this movie along with the Ezra bomb.

Zardnaar

Legend

Main three reasons Imho.

1. Ezra Millar.
2. Poor state of DCEU
3. Dead universe.

Movies not bad apparently.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Have people really come back to theaters? I have no idea

They sure did for Top Gun.

My family is one of the only ones that never left. We saw Tenant opening weekend in the depths of the pandemic. Literally empty theater except for us. So in terms of what we saw then to now, I'd say yes people are mostly back as we see a lot of people at the theaters now relative to then. Though there are fewer theaters that survived.

I hear the CGI is bad too.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
They sure did for Top Gun.

My family is one of the only ones that never left. We saw Tenant opening weekend in the depths of the pandemic. Literally empty theater except for us. So in terms of what we saw then to now, I'd say yes people are mostly back as we see a lot of people at the theaters now relative to then. Though there are fewer theaters that survived.
Exception that proves the rule? There are definitely less theaters.

Zardnaar

Legend
Have people really come back to theaters? I have no idea

2019 was an exceptional year so hard to say as theatre attendance would be down anyway. Business is down from that year hut hard to say.

Top Gun, Mario, Avatar...

Lots of underwhelming movies.

Remove ads