• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wilderlands of High Fantasy - Wots...Uh The Deal?

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
Akrasia, you may be right. Certainly it would save me some money.

While working on my GenCon game, I found that the pdfs of True20 and Damnation Decade were far more useful to me than the paper copies. This has never been true for me before, probably because I use such a wide variety of sources in my regular campaigns.

I think I'll investigate this option. Thanks for suggesting it!

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
ssampier said:
Just make sure you have a inexpensive inkjet catridges or good laser printer, otherwise you'll quickly eat up $70 quick. :confused:

Only if I print the whole thing out, which I would not do. I already own the boxed set. The pdf would be backup, and a useful game aid when I needed to print out certain map sections or the descriptions of specific hexes. It's easy to copy and paste from pdfs into a Word or Publisher document, so I could run my game without tons of books, maps and papers from all different sources stacked up around me.

Crysmalon

Explorer
So...just to echo what others have said, I cannot recommend WoHF boxed set enough for all the reasons above. CSIO is also priceless. The Player's Guide is the weakest of the products in my opinion, but has great flavor text in it. The extra classes I can do without and the monster section should have been in the boxed set, but I do recommend getting it, especially since it's relatively easy to find used.

ssampier

First Post
Buttercup said:
Only if I print the whole thing out, which I would not do. I already own the boxed set. The pdf would be backup, and a useful game aid when I needed to print out certain map sections or the descriptions of specific hexes. It's easy to copy and paste from pdfs into a Word or Publisher document, so I could run my game without tons of books, maps and papers from all different sources stacked up around me.

You can tell I am trying to justify buying a laser printer to myself, "It'll make PDFs so much better. Uh yeah, that's the ticket."

I want a second copy of WoHF so I can find all the maps without remembering which side is which. :mad:

Treebore

First Post
That is very pretty and all, but it isn't the "real" CSIO. IT is worth getting though. But don't think it is Judges Guild City State of the Invincible Overlord. It has a lot of make up on it to make it look and smell pretty.

Soel

First Post
Heh, I was going to ask about how the Mayfair versions of Judges Guild books stacked up to the originals. Any more insight?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads