• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wildwood Red in Tooth and Claw [IC]

Voadam

Legend
Jeanpierre easily finds a small stone dagger among the fallen. Three of the goblins had shields and small spiked clubs, three had goblin sized short bows and knives, and the robed goblin has a somewhat ceremonial looking dagger.

Cursed was speedy in retrieving the potion and then dispatching the goblins. He did not have time to make a thorough search of the area before.

Fenris

Adventurer
Seeing that the new comer is not a threat, Noni leaves Tur to his ministrations and returns tot he cart to retrieve his axe and further tend to the fire, hoping to make a few torches by which to search the cave better.

D20Dazza

Explorer
Cursed acts as the interpreter, relaying messages between his friends and Jeanpierre. While the party recovers Cursed retrieves the other jars from the shelves and has a more thorough search of the area.

Ilium

First Post
Jeanpierre gathers up a couple of goblin daggers as well as the ceremonial dagger and a club. He swings the tiny thing experimentally and shakes his head in disgust. "I might be better off with my fists," he mutters.

Voadam

Legend
Noni efficiently hacks off more of the cart and makes some serviceable torches. Bringing the illumination up to the upper cavern reveals all the living and dead to those with sight.

Seven goblins in all litter the ground, mostly orange skinned, though some have a slimy greenish pallor. Closer inspection reveals small oozing weals on some of them in patterns of three circles. None of them look like they were the picture of health even before the fight.

The jar that Tur drained has a pattern of three wavy lines marked on it. One more jar has a similar pattern while two bear asterisk like star patterns and two bear upward pointing wide-based triangles.

A small opening leads to another cavern where it looks like more mining work was done. Piles of stone, digging and smashing tools, and makeshift rest areas are found, one much nicer than the others. Jeanpierre's weapons and holy symbol are found at the nice resting area at a desk-like table with a small crystal lying next to them. Assorted bones and insect carapaces lie on another corner of the table.

D20Dazza

Explorer
"So where to next?" Cursed asks once the clay jars, bones, carapaces and crystal have been fully investigated, the desk searched and Jeanpierre is out-fitted.

Ilium

First Post
"Praise be to Campita!" Jeanpierre says with obvious relief. He straps on his sword and checks that it is loose in its sheath. He then eyes the crystal curiously and holding it up to his eye says, "I don't know much about gems and such. Does anyone have any idea if this is valuable?"

Voadam

Legend
As Jeanpierre holds up the crystal it is clearly not a gem, though it is a finely shaped prism and shows marks it was crafted to its current form.

Voadam

Legend
After searching the stone mining and resting areas thoroughly there seems but two options. Heading back or proceeding onward down the side passage through the stalagmite cavern. Tur has caught his breath and shaken off his after battle fatigue.

Ilium

First Post
Shrugging over the crystal, Jeanpierre hands it to Cursed. "Well what are your intentions now?" he asks. "I would dearly like to get home. My home, as you may have guessed from my manner of speech, is Toulon, and I gather we are far from there. Can you tell me where on Ithimara I am?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads