• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wildwood Red in Tooth and Claw [IC]

Voadam

Legend
In the torchlight Jeanpierre can see the dead man was armored in a chain shirt and bears a small shield, though his only weapons seemed to be a quiver with undersized stone javelins. His corpse seems savaged as if by some beast.

Ilium

First Post
Jeanpierre nods and bows his head in prayer. "Campita grant this warrior swift passage to the halls of Fannus, where his deeds of bravery may be judged and his spirit pass to its reward." He looks to Cursed to translate for him as he says, "If none of you knew him and his arms cannot be returned to his family, I think it best that they serve to smite his tormentors. Agreed?"

D20Dazza

Explorer
"I like your style of thinking" Cursed says to Jeanpierre "I was about to suggest just such a course of action myself" he says as he moves towards the body.

Voadam

Legend
Once the fine chain shirt is appropriated for further use against the goblins the party continues on.

As the party follows the track through the stalagmite field it leads to a corridor heading deeper underground. The traces of slime Noni noticed on the ground before become more common and a gray green fungus can bee seen on the walls in the light of Noni's torch. Everyone starts to feel the air grow warmer and moister.

Ahead Noni's sharp ears are the first to hear the scuttling of multiple small vermin. As Noni wipes sweat from his brow and holds up his torch, it appears that the corriodor opens up into a larger chamber ahead, though details within cannot yet be made out.

Ilium

First Post
Jeanpierre follows, sword in hand. With a wave of his hand and a muttered prayer, he causes the sword to glow with a mild white radiance.

OOC: Light spell, just so we aren't dependent on a single light source. Down to 3 0-level spells and NO 1st-level spells for today, BTW. Everybody try not to get hit. :)

Voadam

Legend
Squeaking and chittering can be heard in addition to the scuttling as you approach the cave opening.

Waves of heat wash through the cave, thickening the air and making breathing a little difficult. This small, bowl-shaped cavern’s floor is littered with green fuzzy goblin corpses. Rats skitter through the sea of bodies within the sunken floor, pausing occasionally to nibble at a choice morsel. A host of their brethren lie nearby on their backs, some of them still twitching with a few remnants of life. The walls are covered with the gray-green fungus. Slime is thick on the cavern floor amid the bloated corpses. One body even oozes slime out of its bodily orifices: nose, ears, mouth. Another seems to have split, spilling out a quantity of greenish slime that sparkles in the light of the torch and glowing sword.

You can see a tunnel’s opening visible in one of the walls of this chamber and, in the distance, the sound of rushing water can be heard.

Remove ads