• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wildwood Red in Tooth and Claw [IC]

D20Dazza

Explorer
Cursed happily accepts the crystal and 'stares' at it, trying to get a feel for its mysteries [color=seagreen'Well we're all reasonably newly arrved, none of us locals, and we don't know how to get home. Oh, and we aren't on Ithimara"[/color] Cursed says in Faerunian "And as to what we're doing now, just hold a minute for that answer" he says "What are we doing now guys?" the blind man asks his original companions in dover.

Voadam

Legend
As Cursed accepts the crystal from Jeanpierre the knight sees that the strange elf-like man has no eyes, just tattoos where eyesockets would be on a normal humanoid. As Cursed "stares" at the crystal it gives off a faint violet light after a brief period of time, though he evinces no apparent reaction to this.

Cursed[SBLOCK]You don't see the light. Your arcane knowledge and spellcraft do not reveal anything about the nature of this particular crystal. You are aware that in general crystals are sometimes used to hold power, for divinations, and for healing purposes though. [/SBLOCK]

D20Dazza

Explorer
"This crystal bears further examination" Cursed says to no one in particular "Does anyone mind if I hold onto it for further investigation?"

OOC: If I don't have any objections I'll add one unidentified crystal to Cursed's inventory.

Ilium

First Post
Jeanpierre pauses a moment, then shakes his head as if to clear it. "Truly this is a land different from my own. But if anyone wants my opinion I'd like to get back under the open sky and out of this hole."

Watus

First Post
Tur turns toward the ropes leading back down to the branching cavern. "Let us get back to the business at hand. We agreed to clear these caverns, and we must be sure we have done so."

Hand over hand, he climbs back down the cliff, picking up his axe at the bottom.

Voadam

Legend
Descending the knotted ropes is no problem for the lizardman, though the foul lingering aftertaste of goblin flesh and blood plagues him.

D20Dazza

Explorer
"Well then. I guess we're going down the side passage through the stalagmite cavern" Cursed says with a wry grin at Jeanpierre "I'm the only person I've ever met on this rock that speaks our language" he says to the knight in Faerunian "So you'd best follow along eh? We'll sort this out and then see what we can do to make you more comfortable"

"Lead on friend Tur, lead on" the blind man calls, his tattoed eyes all the time staring at Jeanpierre. With a bow and a flourish of his right hand Cursed invites Jeanpierre to proceed.

Voadam

Legend
Just as it seems Tur is feeling better the poison in his system burns away part of his second wind, leaving him further weakened.

As Jeanpierre descended the knotted rope from the battle cavern before heading down the tunnel with the party he noted two carts at the bottom of the ledge, one torn apart and one intact with the remains of a dead armored human under it. Goblin arrows and javelins lie around the area, some sticking in the carts.

Remove ads